Question Service causing pc to freeze and make buzzing noises from headphones

Jul 3, 2019
Hi to all! I'm new at the forum. I hope you can help me with this issue that I have.

OK, here's the situation. My PC freezes randomly along with a buzzing sound coming from the headphones during about 3 seconds until it stops. When this happens, I can't do anything except hard reset the computer (my mouse and keyboard doesn't respond at all). This happens when I play games (especially DMC V) and can happen when I start the game or randomly at 10-30 minutes of gameplay. Sometimes, it can happen even when windows is booting.

I've seen this issue in this forum and others too countless times, but the solutions given didn't work for me. Usually, the culprit was a hardware issue but, as far as I can tell, it is not my case. I have checked all my pc components for a hardware fault (checked cpu and cpu temps, checked ram voltages and scanned it with memtest86 with no errors, check my HDD health, etc) but all seems to be correct, so I discarded a hardware problem.

Instead, I tried playing the game after a clean boot (disabling all services from msconfig) and... voila: I played for hours without a single freeze. So, it seems to be a software or service issue because when I played again after a normal boot (with all services activated), it froze again with that buzzing sound.

So, any ideas on how to isolate the service that is causing the problem? Or maybe other ideas about what is causing the problem? Any response would be much appreciated!

PC specs:
CPU: AMD FX-8350 4 Ghz
GPU: MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
RAM: x2 8 GB A-Data Technology AD3U1600W8G11-B DDR3-1600
MOBO: Asrock 970 Extreme3 R2. 0
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1 TB

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS