keith

I've installed SP2 but cannot find the Bluetooth icon in
control panel. When trying to run the program it does not
follow course.

Do i need to reinstall SP2. Can you help?

Thanks

Check the device manager to see if any problems. Since
Bluetooth is a network connection, check and authorize
Bluetooth connections with the firewall. Open Control
Panel.security center.

"Keith" <keithhepburn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| I've installed SP2 but cannot find the Bluetooth icon in
| control panel. When trying to run the program it does not
| follow course.
|
| Do i need to reinstall SP2. Can you help?
|
| Thanks

keith

Thanks so far. every little idea helps.

The device is just not installed on SP2. I tried running
the program after looking on windows pages but nothing.

Ive only just tried working the bluetooth program so not
seen it before.

thanks

Are you trying to use a previously installed bluetooth
application/driver? After I installed SP2 the software and drivers
that came with my belkin USB bluetooth adapter were broken by SP2
because the Microsoft ones replaced them (and don't offer the same
functionality) I had lots of trouble getting it all to work again.

If you are intending or trying to use the drivers and tools that come
in SP2 then be sure your adapter is supported by them as some are not.

Unplug the BT Reciever, reboot, install the latest chipset (motherboard
drivers), reboot, plug the device in, and Windows should detect it.
Then it will either install it with Windows' drivers or ask for drivers
from you. Then the icon should appear in your Control Panel (may
require yet another reboot).

----
Nathan McNulty