Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC

StepKnee

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
So I am tech savvy but have much, much, much less knowledge than people on these boards so I need a lot more hand holding.

I have been crashing multiple steam games (Civ 5, Half Life2, Portal 2, Eufloria, although Civ5 lasts the longest) it crashes to gray unresponsive and I have to restart. I updated my graphics driver and reinstalled my display adapters, also disabled steam overlays.

I learned about the event viewer and think I tracked down thd error (Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188) but I'm worried that may not be right... I see it is a common error but I am having trouble navigating the advice about it. Can someone help me stop steam games from crashing?

if you have recently ran some optomization software you may have cause an error in the autologging...

open regedit and go here

HKeyLocalMachine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger\Circular Kernel Context Logger

it should look similar to this...
Capture222_zpsa5235872.jpg

if it doesnt match this then set the top 2 values miss out the next 3 and then set the bottom 5 to match the picture. reboot when done.

you may want to create a restor point b4 you make these changes so they can be undone if they fail to work.

this reg fix will fix the buffering error cause by setting the log to active but the file is to small (likely set to 0 bytes size) switching the default to value not set will disable logging. and stop the error. changing the other values will enable you to start the logging service without errors and hopefully stop the bsod.

you may also want to check the dmp file with blue screen viewer
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html just in case there are any more associated errors being caused.