[SOLVED] Set application to run as admin, user still prompted for admin credentials?

Feb 19, 2020
I have signed into a device on the local administrator account and set an application to always run as administrator, so when the user runs the app they can use it. This usually always works however when the user tries to launch the application they are prompted to enter administrator credentials even though the app is set to run as admin. I have tried making the user an administrator and setting the preference from their account, then making them a normal user but the error still occurs. Done a full uninstall and reinstall of the software as well but the issue persists.

Solution
For this version you do have to run as administrator otherwise it will not function correctly. I will look into upgrading the version however this may not be appropriate as we would probably have to implement this company wide.
Are you getting the OpenVPN exe from your firewall? If so that would mean you are pretty far behind on firewall version and it is time for the company to upgrade their firewall software. That being said you should be able to download the newest version and use the Viscosity Inline Configuration for the cert and attach it to the VPN. The new version should still work with an older OpenVPN server on the firewall.
I have signed into a device on the local administrator account and set an application to always run as administrator, so when the user runs the app they can use it. This usually always works however when the user tries to launch the application they are prompted to enter administrator credentials even though the app is set to run as admin. I have tried making the user an administrator and setting the preference from their account, then making them a normal user but the error still occurs. Done a full uninstall and reinstall of the software as well but the issue persists.
When you set it to run as admin did you make that a global setting for all users?

Feb 19, 2020
That's the thing, users are not allowed to have local administrator rights it is against policy. It is strange how it works for ever other device in the business apart from this specific one.

Feb 19, 2020
For this version you do have to run as administrator otherwise it will not function correctly. I will look into upgrading the version however this may not be appropriate as we would probably have to implement this company wide.

Are you getting the OpenVPN exe from your firewall? If so that would mean you are pretty far behind on firewall version and it is time for the company to upgrade their firewall software. That being said you should be able to download the newest version and use the Viscosity Inline Configuration for the cert and attach it to the VPN. The new version should still work with an older OpenVPN server on the firewall.

Solution