Question Setting up Dolby Atmos Audio Configuration with NVIDIA RTX 4070 on Windows 10

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 14, 2024
Hello everyone,

I have an NVIDIA RTX 4070 graphics card with multiple outputs, including several DisplayPort ports and an HDMI 2.1 output. I'm using Windows 10 as my operating system.
I would like to use one of the DisplayPort ports to connect my 4K monitor for gaming visuals, and reserve the HDMI 2.1 output exclusively to connect my Dolby Atmos soundbar for spatialized audio.

Is it possible to configure this setup on my PC?

Additionally, could you confirm if using Dolby Atmos through a soundbar is free, or if it requires purchasing an app from the Microsoft Store?

Thanks in advance for your help! ;)

Best regards,

In fact, it’s 1000 euros instead of 2400 euros; it’s a great price, isn’t it? But with the high latency we discussed earlier for gaming, it won’t be very good... So now, I’m not so sure.

In France, taxes are included in the price.
For like 300Euro more you could get 5.0.2 Atmos Setup Like Proper Dedicated Speaker system. Surely superior sounding. Later you can add in a sub around another 400-500 Euro and that should do it. Overall sound quality gonna be much superior. And as you be having a proper AVR managing everything it will be much easier setup in a way.

Jul 14, 2024
For like 300Euro more you could get 5.0.2 Atmos Setup Like Proper Dedicated Speaker system. Surely superior sounding. Later you can add in a sub around another 400-500 Euro and that should do it. Overall sound quality gonna be much superior. And as you be having a proper AVR managing everything it will be much easier setup in a way.
Yes, understood. But I was able to test the system with a movie, and I found the Dolby Atmos sound and the elevation of sound with the Era 300 very good. In fact, it's in an environment where using cables would be very cumbersome, and I don't have much space, especially for a home theater.

Yes, understood. But I was able to test the system with a movie, and I found the Dolby Atmos sound and the elevation of sound with the Era 300 very good. In fact, it's in an environment where using cables would be very cumbersome, and I don't have much space, especially for a home theater.
See if space is an issue then fine. But otherwise the Dedicated Setup would Destroy not only SONUS system but any HT in a Box or Sound Bar system you could think of.

Space and cables... Don't you have another wireless system with relatively small speakers to propose that would be much better than Sonos?
Cables not an issue for most part. As you can run them along the skirting if you guys have brick and concrete walls or even better run through walls if dry wall setup. Wireless I will need to check what options we have. But seriously there will be huge difference in sound quality.

Jul 14, 2024
May work or not. It depends. But seriously most other soundbar has second option of input support not only one. But yeah some work some don't. Hard to tell. Some simply accept audio over HDMI for its simplicity. Without the need of signal being ARC/eARC.
I don’t understand, my test is solely aimed at determining whether the Sonos soundbar works without an ARC source. My test should allow me to prove it, right? If there is sound, it's okay; if there is no sound, it's not okay.

Jul 14, 2024
Cables not an issue for most part. As you can run them along the skirting if you guys have brick and concrete walls or even better run through walls if dry wall setup. Wireless I will need to check what options we have. But seriously there will be huge difference in sound quality.
In theory, could we have wireless speakers dedicated to channels and Atmos? Don’t they exist?
It’s not the inherently wireless aspect that reduces sound quality.