Shadow Of Mordor: Performance Testing And Benchmarks

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD vs NVidia:

When either company does better than expected in a game it's often traceable to an optimization which frequently is one of the HIGH or ULTRA settings (like TressFX in Tomb Raider). Often if you lower or disable this feature the card performance is more typical.

It's best to use the average of many games to aid you in deciding which card to buy (like Techpowerup which averages 20 games).

airborn824

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
Good engine and well made game. Interesting it says its an Nvidia game but runs slightly better on AMD. Runs really good on FX cpus aswell. Nice to see that a well made game show that AMD cpus are really good for the $$

Performance for me was pretty terrible at 4K on anything but medium settings with SLI 780TIs, even 1080p maxed out with textures on high had slow down when turning. Sure on high @2160p I was getting 36FPS average in game (75 fps in the benchmark) with the textures on high, but it was pretty much unplayable.

Eggz

Distinguished

That's because the 780ti poops out in VRAM-limited situations. It's pretty annoying and happens to me also. It likely still has excess processing power that it isn't able to use.

Yeah, I tried to get those 6GB 780s, but they were always out. This game and Ryse really use up the VRAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.