[SOLVED] Shadow play recordings

Crypto123

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2014
Hey

I have a problem recording gameplay with shadow play. The recorded videos have sound and a weird graphic texture:

I recently got a new monitor so... I don't know

Solution
ShadowPlay is still extremely fragile. The smallest changes can cause it to stop recording, or bug out completely. Usually a system reboot will fix any issue with it, but if not it's worth trying rolling your graphics drivers back a release or two.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Old monitor, new monitor? Connectivity? Try another known working video cable matching the connectivity between GPU and new monitor.

If ShadowPlay originally worked then I would suspect that the software has become corrupted.

Test the old monitor again - determine if Shadow Play still works.

If not then reinstall Shadow Play.

If Shadow Play does work then compare specs and configuration settings between the original monitor and the new monitor.

Do be sure to check the new monitor on another known working system as well.

Check the new monitor's manufacturer's website for any available drivers.

Objective is to narrow down the source of the problem. Directly or by elimination.

Crypto123

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2014
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Old monitor, new monitor? Connectivity? Try another known working video cable matching the connectivity between GPU and new monitor.

If ShadowPlay originally worked then I would suspect that the software has become corrupted.

Test the old monitor again - determine if Shadow Play still works.

If not then reinstall Shadow Play.

If Shadow Play does work then compare specs and configuration settings between the original monitor and the new monitor.

Do be sure to check the new monitor on another known working system as well.

Check the new monitor's manufacturer's website for any available drivers.

Objective is to narrow down the source of the problem. Directly or by elimination.

I re-enabled shadow play and now is good

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
ShadowPlay is still extremely fragile. The smallest changes can cause it to stop recording, or bug out completely. Usually a system reboot will fix any issue with it, but if not it's worth trying rolling your graphics drivers back a release or two.

Solution