Shadowplay/OBS Siege Stutter

gator321

Commendable
May 18, 2016
I was saving up for a GTX 1060 dual fan 6gb because i wanted to be able to record Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege (my old graphics card barely ran it) I just got it and put it in about a week ago, for the entirety of this week i have been trying to get my recordings to work, i have lowered my game settings and the recording settings without prevail, i have even tried not to use shadowplay and to instead use OBS with Nvidia's custom Encoder (NVENCH H.264) but the recordings come out even worse. The attached link will bring you to an unlisted YouTube video of what the shadowplay videos turn out to be (not too bad but noticeable) and the obs videos turn out even worse. I have researched on youtube AND on this forums as it is the best in my opinion, I Hope you can find a solution, as this is something i have been wanting to do for years now.

Attached Link: https://youtu.be/p7cC3R_fCu4

MY RIG:
GeForce Gtx 1060 6GB
Driver Version 388.43 (i auto update)
Intel(R) core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz (unable to overclock)
8GB of RAM
MONITOR: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz

Thank you!

Solution
Thank you.

Are you recording to your hard drive or streaming to youtube? A slow HDD could cause similar issues if you are trying to save a lot of video to the HDD while playing.

My other idea is insufficient RAM. Try closing as many programs as possible then record and play. Running low on can cause slowdowns. If you have programs eating up ram or using your disk, it can cause slowdowns.

I'm not familiar with a lot of game recording software so maybe someones has a software level fix for your issue.

gator321

Commendable
May 18, 2016

When recording, my game doesn't lag at all just the recording comes out as crap, and as for the RAM recording with shadowplay only uses 6.75GB of my 8GBs of RAM When recording with OBS on the Other hand it uses 7.2 GB

jr9

Estimable
Thank you.

Are you recording to your hard drive or streaming to youtube? A slow HDD could cause similar issues if you are trying to save a lot of video to the HDD while playing.

My other idea is insufficient RAM. Try closing as many programs as possible then record and play. Running low on can cause slowdowns. If you have programs eating up ram or using your disk, it can cause slowdowns.

I'm not familiar with a lot of game recording software so maybe someones has a software level fix for your issue.

Solution

HurtfulAxis

Prominent
Jun 30, 2017
I have the same problem. I had pretty bad gpu, played r6 on lowest settings but the recordings were fine. I bought a new gpu and since then the recordings were very laggy even on the lowest settings.