Share your most mesmerizing music!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the harmonica intro to the song School by Supertramp, it just seems to be mesmerizing to me and extremely soothing, I almost wish the entire song was just the harmonica.

Share your songs that just seem to do the same for you?

http://en.musicplayon.com/play?v=435568

You may or not, have to bear with the ad as soon as the song starts playing, :pfff: (Freaking ads are everywhere!), but you'll hear what I mean.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
What composition does this for me is Beethoven Symphony #9 the last movement choral part.Breathtaking and emotional to me.

I have never gotten into Classical music at all, and I am not saying it's not great music as I've known some, that in their opinions, there is no other music, Period!

We all have music that affects us and is probably got a lot to do with our upbringing and what we listened to in our early days on the radio, (at least for those that remember the radio! :) ) and then the music we discovered we loved, in our teen years and after.

I am seriously delinquent in my Classical music knowledge and listening, so I'm not ignoring those posts referring to it.

No Offense to anyone!

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Nothing to be ashamed of at all. It is never to late to learn about this music in life. I played clarinet for over 7 years when i was in my teens also.

Some music I listen to when I just want enjoy a cigar and let a nice peaty scotch sink me into my recliner...

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon, Momentary Lapse of Reason, Ummagumma
Booth and the Bad Angel - A collaboration between Tim Booth and Angelo Badalementi
Paul Desmond - Take Ten
Dave Brubeck Quartet
Stan Getz - pretty much anything he did
Morphine - Cure For Pain, The Night
Big Lazy - instrumental trio out of NYC, completely original, absolutely brilliant!
Also 50's lounge music (Les Baxter, Louis Prima, Burt Bacharach) and ultra lounge (Love Jones, Pink Martini, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy).

Enjoy!

*Ba Dum Tss!*

Honestly though, when my sister made me watch that, I (for some unexplained reason) just laughed my a$$ off :lol:

Thanks I'll check into those, and I'm already a Pink Floyd fan, I see with ummagumma listed you're also into their roots!

I doubt that anyone will agree with me, but extreme minimalist piano music by Erik Satie - the first Gnossieme. The best recording I ever heard was on a cassette tape played by - I forget whom. Much of the music is implied, in my opinion. Too much pedal ruins it for me, by making the harmony explicit instead of existing only inside my brain.

Beethoven's Violin Sonata, Op. 96., especially the first movement.

The second Brandenburg concerto, when played with the trumpet given priority over the other soloists. I will listen to it soaring over the rest of the beautiful music and be entranced. Unfortunately, my hearing is failing over 2 Khz (an octave over high C), and I lose a lot of the richness of the tone now.

Bach's sonatas and partitas for violin - the Preludio and Gavotte en Rondo from Partita no. 3 in E major (BWV 1006), the Fuga from Sonata no. 1 in g minor (BWV 1001). Bach's first suite for solo cello. The first movement is hypnotic.

There is way too much good music out there not to like. I'll personally listen to just about anything except modern country music. I prefer the older country (Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash,...).

At the top of my favorites is classic Jerry Garcia/Grateful Dead. Special treat in this video - Bruce Hornsby on piano.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFFnNri15-4

A little known jazz band trio... well, little known outside the Seattle area anyhow, "Living Daylights"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k4ZEG4DL2g

There is plenty more good stuff out there.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
When I listen to Beethoven symphony # 9 the Choral my breath and emotions just seem to become faster and faster especially the last movement the choral part.

I'll have to give that a listen! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.