Paul

Splendid

I have recently installed windows xp and have only one
email account. With four users, when ever some one opens
outlook express the email is down loaded to their
account. I haven't figured out a way to share email
between all the users. Does any one have any hints.

Paul

There is no way to do what you are asking. Each user must have a separate
email account and email address. You cannot filter if all emails use the
same email address, even if the email is meant for different members of the
family. Simply contact your ISP and ask about separate email addresses
(unless you use AOL).

Bobby

"Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently installed windows xp and have only one
> email account. With four users, when ever some one opens
> outlook express the email is down loaded to their
> account. I haven't figured out a way to share email
> between all the users. Does any one have any hints.
>
> Paul

Hi Paul,

It's easy enough to set up, but carries with it a danger.

Log on as any user, open Outlook Express. Click tools/options/maintenance
tab, click on the store folder button. Move it to a shared location
accessible by all users (right now it is under their local profile). "Ok"
your way out and close Outlook Express. Logoff and repeat the steps for each
user, this time selecting the location selected/created by the first user.

*IMPORTANT* Do NOT use fast user switching with Outlook Express left open.
You (and all other users) MUST remember to close it before switching. If any
user fails to do this, the mail store may be corrupted beyond repair, and
all saved messages will be lost.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently installed windows xp and have only one
> email account. With four users, when ever some one opens
> outlook express the email is down loaded to their
> account. I haven't figured out a way to share email
> between all the users. Does any one have any hints.
>
> Paul

tonys

Paul wrote:
: I have recently installed windows xp and have only one
: email account. With four users, when ever some one opens
: outlook express the email is down loaded to their
: account. I haven't figured out a way to share email
: between all the users. Does any one have any hints.
:
: Paul
Is that one main account and three sub accounts or one email address
used by four users? You need 4 sub-addresses and check you email via
webmail. Use OE for your newsreader and downloading mail you need on
your machine. You can control when and which accounts receive mail in
OE. Be more clear with question. There is an outlook express newsgroup
also.
TonyS

Thank you for the help. The idea of a community help
system is neat. I appretiate you taking the time to
answer my question.

Paul

And I appreciate your taking the time to say "Thank You". You're most
welcome.