News Sharkoon's REV220 Rotates & Mirrors ATX Layout, Packs So Many Fans, And Priced Well

neojack

Honorable
Apr 4, 2019
I have an FT02 too since 2011, it's my 3rd build inside, and many to come !

airflow comes from 3 big 180mm fans on the bottom (2 of them are the original ones, still running !).
I modded the bottom and installed a 3x180 watercooling radiator.
I don't think i will need any other case in my life, unless the ATX standard get replaced.

so yeah this sharkoon is not the first one.

i would like to see a comparaison of he airflow between the sharkoon and the Silverstone FT02. Gamer nexus maybe ?

Designing it so that the cables come from the BOTTOM, might make a lot more sense and still enable it to have a clear air path and multiple rear fans. Having a bunch of cables running into the top of the case is just going to make it look like garbage, regardless that the idea has some interesting concepts.

Jun 24, 2020
@neojack I'm still on air, all three fans original. Really pleased that my new motherboard can actually drive them all (no more manual fan speed switching!) even through a splitter, since their startup power apparently caused issues for some older boards.

Really tempted to get new AP183 PWMs to replace them with, but I just can't justify $120 to do so...

neojack

Honorable
Apr 4, 2019
...cables come from the BOTTOM, might make a lot more sense...

cables won't be long enough to be able to plug them on the bottom
plus there is a shroud on the top ! cables are going out from the top back

@me22ca
yeah those new 180 mm are shiny ! when one on my fans broke, i replaced it with a cheap one (phobya i think). less airflow but hey it does the job.

It's still a terribly faulty design because I can easily foresee network adapter and other output failures since you will now have all of the I/O up where the heat is the most intense, and no fans, at all, in the top where it is likely to accumulate and form pockets or dead spots. Enough said. You can read about the rest when my own case design comes out. LOL.