Shift X, but can it do this! And a question or so to be answered by the knowledgeable ones.

Apr 18, 2018
Ok, catchy title aside, I actually need help from someone who would know. My build plan is https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TjbK3b

it’s going to look and perform great for the things I plan to use it for (gaming and some video editing and rendering for my classes) why not the 1600 or 2600, well I want better clock speeds for game performance and more cores for, well, more cores xD. yes I’m aware the tdp will probably cause terrible temps if I OC at all so that’s where the question hits.

Will I be able it water cool that and my graphics card in this case?

x2 120mm instead of as advertised on phanteks site saying “up to 240mm rad” so is that only for one rad or can I do what I wanna do? If I can’t then it’s a simple fix to an air cooled gpu instead, as air cooled are still very good. But I’m wondering because I want to overclock GPU and hopefully the CPU to the extreme also, just because it’s going to be great.

PS: plz don’t bring up that I only have 500gb of storage, I’m well aware and I’m going to just upgrade when I need too, but for now I will just have splendid boot times and cloud storage (Dropbox 1TB, so more then enough for the average user)

Solution
The shift X can do 280 rad in the side. So yes, u will have enough space for 2 120 rads.

The shift X can accommodate a 120 rad in the bottom and a 240/280 rad in the front. But if u went with the kraken x62, I don't know if you would face issues with a top 140 exhaust above the radiator. That's why I recommended a kraken x52.
In those small enclosures, it's better to go for aio to output the heat somewhere else.

That hybrid gpu is a good idea.

My suggestion would be to have the gpu rad bottom mounted as intake, a kraken x52 also as intake in the side and an exhaust at the mobo area to draw that hot air.

So u actually would needing no fans since shift x already comes with 2 140mm fans. If you want to lit up ur fans, take a look at the phanteks halos lux fan frames.

Seasonic focus plus is a compact psu measuring at 140mm in length. I would take a look at that.

Apr 18, 2018

Well, the main problem is that it doesn’t except 140mm rads. Only 120mm and 240mm will work in the shift x. My main question was if I could put 2 120mm rads on a single bracket (side as intake) I think I’m actually just going to downsize to the shift and just have a cpu rad (Deepcool captain120 rgb)
But I do agree about the fans, I was thinking about it, and I’ll just get one 140LL by corsair for exhaust.

The shift X can do 280 rad in the side. So yes, u will have enough space for 2 120 rads.

The shift X can accommodate a 120 rad in the bottom and a 240/280 rad in the front. But if u went with the kraken x62, I don't know if you would face issues with a top 140 exhaust above the radiator. That's why I recommended a kraken x52.

Solution