[SOLVED] should I able to run GTX 1650 in UEFI mode ?

Dec 4, 2019
Hey, I want to upgrade my GTX650 to GTX1650, but now my windows run on Legacy bios and
I asked gigabyte support if the GTX1650 4GB OC can boot in legacy or it is UEFI only and they answered that it is "UEFI ONLY"

so I checked now in my motherboard boot options if it can boot in uefi and there is 2 options in my bios boot options :

"UEFI + LEGACY"
"UEFI"

now it run on "UEFI + LEGACY"
when I tried to change it to "UEFI ONLY" the windows not started and I got this message :
IHEn2yo.jpg

will I able to boot at UEFI with the GTX1650 ?
why am I got this message ?

thanks.

I think something's messed up in your BIOS. I'm expecting the boot order to be changed around. Try hitting Delete as soon as your PC boots to get into the actual UEFI (what you're talking about is the EFI shell, not UEFI or BIOS).

Long story short, go into the BIOS and look for the Boot order. If the EFI shell is on top, change it to the bottom and put either Windows Boot Manager or the name of your Windows boot drive (usually you see manufacturers' names).

If that's not the cause of your problem, let us know.

Dec 4, 2019
I have checked now the order and

this is the order when I select "Legacy + UEFI" :
NClXULV.jpg

and this is the order in UEFI only :
cv2sgA2.jpg

I changed it to this :
rYRsno3.jpg

and still getting the error

Dec 4, 2019
To be able to boot into UEFI mode, windows must be installed in UEFI mode.
If you have windows 10, then you can use mbr2gpt utility convert your windows to UEFI (without reinstall).
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/mbr-to-gpt

But none of that is necessary to use GTX 1650. It will work just fine.

I asked in gigabyte support if the GTX 1650 can work in legacy bios or is it UEFI only and they said that it is UEFI only so I don't know if it will work