Should I build a gaming PC or Xbox

MatTech

Reputable
Mar 24, 2014
It would be cheaper to pay for xbox online than a whole other $900 pc. I just don't want any regrets. My mom said,"will you reall sit in front of it?". This made me question. Do you guys regret it? Tell me more pros. Many more. I'm reconsidering now. I can do a lot with $900.

PandaButtonFTW

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
that depends, do you want cheaper games and not pay for a subscription? have more precise control in fps games and get them headshots? play games without having to keep changing discs? if so get the pc.... there is NEVER any regret to getting a decent desktop!

not to mention steams AMAZING sales, to which there is NO comparison... and if you want free games, well there are heaps of great ones! I personally recommend World Of Tanks.

unless your desperate to play the few exclusives that the xbox has the pc is the better option.
why?
theres more to a pc than just games not to mention 1s you buy the games theres generally no need to pay to play (xbox gold)
you also get all the media functionality of the xbox and more.
you get to use it for other things that may interest you like programming, 3d rendering, video editing, image manipulation and a whole host of other things.
so yeah the pc costs more but you do get more for the money than some piece of semi reliable soon to be outdated hardware thats designed to make you the product of microsofts data gathering services.

1 last point. making your own pc brings with it, its own rewards. you learn about the hardware which demystifies it, which in turn will make it easier to use and learn about over time.

ferooxidan

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
definitely not xbox one unless the exclusive games is a dead must have/play for you. Since most AAA titles for consoles coming also to PC, it will be a waste of money purchasing XONE, since as a multimedia device you can do a lot more with PC and as a gaming machine you can do better with PC than consoles (at least visually). Then again, consider bad port PC issue like watch dog, some company treat PC as low priority since there were good games but with bad porting to PC (e.g GTA IV, Watch Dogs, etc). But, if you really want to choose next gen consoles, consider PS4 since it has waaaay better spec and visuals, cheaper but more powerful. Unless the exclusive games on XONE is your dead set preference then consider PS4, or PC game. Will I really sit in front of my PC? damn right I am, since I also hook up my console to my monitor.