[SOLVED] Should I buy Cooler Master H410R or Hyper 212 Turbo ?

UsamaJutt031379

Prominent
Jun 30, 2020
I need a cooler and my eyes are on Hyper 212 Turbo but it isn't available and is out of stock everywhere. Only H410R is available. So problem is should i wait for Hyper 212 Turbo or buy H410R and keep it. Because I'm not going to be able to buy a new cooler for a long time because i also need other peripherals.

It will be a one time buy. So facts and proofs will be preferred. I'm already at 3.85GHz so I want what can hold 4.00Ghz at as highest as 80 centigrade no more than it.

I live in Pakistan so Amazon isn't available here...

Extra information:::
I built a gaming PC with Ryzen 5 2600 and XFX RX 580 8GB in October 2020 and I got a Chinese Cooler HF400 free with it as a plus one deal type.

But now it is giving heat problems. The fan can't keep the CPU cooled for longer and reaches 90 centigrade and shuts down.

Mostly happens when I render any video and when I used to play Cyberpunk 2077.

Solution
I need a cooler and my eyes are on Hyper 212 Turbo but it isn't available and is out of stock everywhere. Only H410R is available. So problem is should i wait for Hyper 212 Turbo or buy H410R and keep it. Because I'm not going to be able to buy a new cooler for a long time because i also need other peripherals.

It will be a one time buy. So facts and proofs will be preferred. I'm already at 3.85GHz so I want what can hold 4.00Ghz at as highest as 80 centigrade no more than it.

I'd say get a 212 Turbo. While the 410R might be an upgrade in performance, the 212 is a more capable cooler. IIRC...

Extra information:::
I built a gaming PC with Ryzen 5 2600 and XFX RX 580 8GB in October 2020 and I got a Chinese Cooler HF400 free with it as a plus one deal type.

But now it is giving heat problems. The fan can't keep the CPU cooled for longer and reaches 90 centigrade and shuts down.

Both of those CM coolers would be enough for that CPU.
No idea what that " Chinese Cooler HF400" might be, Gamax maybe ? Can't you get something like this?
https://www.arctic.de/en/Freezer-34-eSports-DUO/ACFRE00060A

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014

I'd say get a 212 Turbo. While the 410R might be an upgrade in performance, the 212 is a more capable cooler. IIRC, something as small as a Deepcool Gammaxx 300T is already better than stock Wraith Stealth and Spire.
As you know, Ryzen chips are very dependant on temps for optimal performance, you want as much cooling as you (reasonably) could.

I haven't looked into the actual numbers, but I'd wager a bet a 120mm tower cooler can beat 92mm one. A 120mm tower cooler is the minimum I'd recommend personally for aftermarket cooling on Zens. More thermal mass and more airflow is the key.

If the 212 isn't available, then look at Chinese coolers of similar shape. Make sure you get one with proper mounting (backplate, screws) and not the plastic ring mounting with push pins like stock coolers. As mentioned by @CountMike, a Gammaxx 400 (XT, Pro, EX, 400S, whatever) is a good choice. The original 400 model way back used to have plastic ring mounts, but I believe they changed it to the proper backplate mounting years ago. Plus points for using spring screws, foolproof method of ensuring good pressure since the springs will take care of the pressure, the screws are just for securing the cooler to the mounting bracket.
ID-Cooling SE-224-XT and its variants is also a good choice, same thing just the XT-Black and RGB models having a black finish compared to Gammaxx's plain silver heatsink fins.

I pulled up the HF400 you mentioned, is this the product? https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/hf-400-cpu-cooler-rgb-i390572990.html
If it is, it seems fine. Seems like it uses the stock motherboard cooler bracket on AM4 systems similar to AMD's own Wraith Prism. Good mounting pressure, just a pain in the butt IMO to remove/install.

Others that come to mind: Vetroo V5 due to its cutout on the side of heatsink fins, and Alseye H120D: same cooler, black heatsink, static RGB fans, and same mounting mechanism.

Last edited:
Solution

UsamaJutt031379

Prominent
Jun 30, 2020
I'd say get a 212 Turbo. While the 410R might be an upgrade in performance, the 212 is a more capable cooler. IIRC, something as small as a Deepcool Gammaxx 300T is already better than stock Wraith Stealth and Spire.
As you know, Ryzen chips are very dependant on temps for optimal performance, you want as much cooling as you (reasonably) could.

I haven't looked into the actual numbers, but I'd wager a bet a 120mm tower cooler can beat 92mm one. A 120mm tower cooler is the minimum I'd recommend personally for aftermarket cooling on Zens. More thermal mass and more airflow is the key.

If the 212 isn't available, then look at Chinese coolers of similar shape. Make sure you get one with proper mounting (backplate, screws) and not the plastic ring mounting with push pins like stock coolers. As mentioned by @CountMike, a Gammaxx 400 (XT, Pro, EX, 400S, whatever) is a good choice. The original 400 model way back used to have plastic ring mounts, but I believe they changed it to the proper backplate mounting years ago. Plus points for using spring screws, foolproof method of ensuring good pressure since the springs will take care of the pressure, the screws are just for securing the cooler to the mounting bracket.
ID-Cooling SE-224-XT and its variants is also a good choice, same thing just the XT-Black and RGB models having a black finish compared to Gammaxx's plain silver heatsink fins.

I pulled up the HF400 you mentioned, is this the product? https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/hf-400-cpu-cooler-rgb-i390572990.html
If it is, it seems fine. Seems like it uses the stock motherboard cooler bracket on AM4 systems similar to AMD's own Wraith Prism. Good mounting pressure, just a pain in the butt IMO to remove/install.

Others that come to mind: Vetroo V5 due to its cutout on the side of heatsink fins, and Alseye H120D: same cooler, black heatsink, static RGB fans, and same mounting mechanism.

That is what i thought. The deal seemed good at the time because it had four heat pipes and a 120mm fan but i dont know why but the PC keeps turning when it get hot. Also im using the MSI B450 Tomahawk and it might be like this that i only noticed the PC to instantly shutdown when the temperature rose above 100 degree centigrade. But it decreased the clock to 3.6GHz and its working fine but im losing performance. So in fact the motherboard (although has the reputation to have unexplainable problems) might not be the cause of the problem that is why im certain that it is the Chinese Cooler.