Question should i buy expensive thermal pads for my nvme ssd ?

Jacks.

Commendable
Dec 3, 2021
www.deviantart.com
as the title says i have a 980 pro to install and no pads so i'm getting one but i'm confused whether to buy an expensive one or just a nameless brand , i know the thickness that i need it's 1.5 mm
any help.
thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
What is the make and model of your motherboard? Which slot is it occupying on said board? Make and model of your case and how is the airflow in your case? These questions will be relevant on if you need thermal pads to begin with, let alone expensive pads.

I have a 500GB Samsung 980 Pro mounted on the rear of my MSI B650i Edge WiFi board and it does get warm but it's meant to be the OS/app's drive. I have another larger drive under the heatsinked cooler wth an active fan.

Reactions: Jacks.

Jacks.

Commendable
Dec 3, 2021
www.deviantart.com
What is the make and model of your motherboard? Which slot is it occupying on said board? Make and model of your case and how is the airflow in your case? These questions will be relevant on if you need thermal pads to begin with, let alone expensive pads.

I have a 500GB Samsung 980 Pro mounted on the rear of my MSI B650i Edge WiFi board and it does get warm but it's meant to be the OS/app's drive. I have another larger drive under the heatsinked cooler wth an active fanit
it's asus x570 rog crosshair viii hero wifi and i'm installing both slots with 1tb in each ,the case is cooler master case H500P mesh with 2*200 mm in the front and 140 mm in the back

Heat becomes an issue under long sustained sequential operations and in the presence of inadequate airflow over the m.2 device.
The result is that the m.2 will slow down a bit to protect itself.

Aftermarket heat sinks are generally not needed otherwise.
If you do buy such a heat sink, you still need to arrange to supply it with some decent airflow to let it do it's job.

Reactions: Jacks.

Jacks.

Commendable
Dec 3, 2021
www.deviantart.com
Heat becomes an issue under long sustained sequential operations and in the presence of inadequate airflow over the m.2 device.
The result is that the m.2 will slow down a bit to protect itself.

Aftermarket heat sinks are generally not needed otherwise.
If you do buy such a heat sink, you still need to arrange to supply it with some decent airflow to let it do it's job.
i'm not talking about the heat sink ,i have the mobo ones what i don't have is the thermal pads