Question Should i buy MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus?

May 25, 2024
my mb b450 aorus pro wifi recently stopped working. Before that if i shutdown the pc, next time when i turn on it will never proceed after the bios screen (only showing the gigabyte screen and then a blackscreen). Only casing fans, mb fans are working. Keyboard and the mouse is not working too. when that happen i always have to clear cmos and turn on and change some bios settings like xmp enabling and tpm secure enabling. then the pc turns on. i found a solution for that by hibernating the pc and remove the plug from wall adapters. It will again stay for roughly around 2 days as hibernated. Ex: if i hibernate and remove plugs tonight, i can turn on again next day as it continues to run from where i hibernated. Then i used this method for a long time since the shutdown process is not working. But now it is not working again(not even coming for the gigabyte screen, cpu indicator is turned on but i checked my cpu it is working). Tried cmos clearing and tried many other solutions from various threads and websites. None works.

So i was thinking about buying mb which i mentioned in the title.
What do you think of this new MB?
Does it have this same issue?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Ex: if i hibernate and remove plugs tonight, i can turn on again next day as it continues to run from where i hibernated.
This could be an indication that you're suffering from a grounding issue. You could try and reflash the BIOS with the latest version, then clear the CMOS after verifying the BIOS was flashed to the latest version and see if that helps.

What are the specs to your current build? Please list them like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

May 25, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Ex: if i hibernate and remove plugs tonight, i can turn on again next day as it continues to run from where i hibernated.
This could be an indication that you're suffering from a grounding issue. You could try and reflash the BIOS with the latest version, then clear the CMOS after verifying the BIOS was flashed to the latest version and see if that helps.

What are the specs to your current build? Please list them like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Cpu cooler : default cooler comes with cpu. (AMD wraith)
Motherboard: gigabyte b450 aorus pro wifi bios version F63
Ram: Corsair vengeance lpx 3000mhz 8gb x 2
SSD: wd 128gb m.2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1660 super oc
PSU: Corsair cv 650 bronze 80 plus using since 2021
Chassis: MSI MAG Forge 100M
Monitor: MSI optix G241