[SOLVED] Should I change my CPU’s memory and fabric clock?

BrandonFitzpatricc

Commendable
Jun 23, 2019
I have the Ryzen 3700x. I have it overclocked through precision boost overdrive. I’m not entirely sure what boost clock it reaches though, because when I stress test it through Ryzen master, it reaches 4.15 GHz, but MSI afterburner shows it as 4.3 GHz. Anyway, my memory and fabric clock are set at 1800, which I haven’t changed at all, since I’m not sure what it would do. I can change it up to 3200, but would I potentially mess something up by doing this? Or should I go for it?

Solution
The RAM and fabric are listed at half of effective clock speeds as they are DDR...

1800 MHz is really 3600 MHz effective, so I'd leave those alone for the sake of stability.

The 3700X will (should) boost as high as (near) 4.4 GHz on a single core load on perhaps a single core or two, but, all core loads will more likely show what you see, near 4.0 - 4.1 GHz, which is normal...

Lots of Der8auer and Hardware Unboxed videos on YOutube on the subject of Ryzen clock speed boost, AGESA /BIOS versions, which mainboard is used, etc...
The RAM and fabric are listed at half of effective clock speeds as they are DDR...

1800 MHz is really 3600 MHz effective, so I'd leave those alone for the sake of stability.

The 3700X will (should) boost as high as (near) 4.4 GHz on a single core load on perhaps a single core or two, but, all core loads will more likely show what you see, near 4.0 - 4.1 GHz, which is normal...

Lots of Der8auer and Hardware Unboxed videos on YOutube on the subject of Ryzen clock speed boost, AGESA /BIOS versions, which mainboard is used, etc...

Reactions: BrandonFitzpatricc
Solution