Should i change my processor?

Oct 24, 2018
I currently have an Amd a6-7400k, and i am in need of an upgrade. I have found one that matches my requirements, The AMD Athlon X4 880k. Just wanted to ask, if its is
profitable to change from the A6 to the Athlon.

Doctor Rob

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
that would be a nice little upgrade over your current AS long as you have an add in GPU.. if you were using the GPU built into the CPU then you would want to really wait for sure.

IF you could save for a while and get an entry level Ryzen 3 system it would be MUCH faster then any of those.

Edit if you really want to upgrade sooner then later you can also look for an used CPU (just make sure it has a warranty) as I have done this in the past with old computers and laptops many times and never had a bad one if purchased from a good seller on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-A10-7870k-3-9GHz-Quad-Core-Processor-Socket-FM2-R7-GPU-CPU-95W-Upgrade-APU/292705068437?hash=item442694e595:g:aJEAAOSwK3ZbiPhp:rk:1:pf:0 liek that one is a FN2+ cpu and has the GPU built into it and is like the same as the athlon one but with the better GPU then your current.

THEN sell your current on ebay for cheap to get some of the money back.. and there you go.. upgrade for not too much money IF you can't wait and save up for a entry level Ryzen or so computer.