Question Should I choose a TV over a monitor?

Steve_183

Reputable
Feb 2, 2017
Advice needed please to help me choose a large (43") 4K display for coding and office work.
There will be the occasional casusal gaming (PS4) and bluray movies, but 80% of the time I will be coding in dark mode.
I am sensitive to bad screens - flickering, light bleed, fuzziness, blue lights etc, so comfort is an important factor for me more than refresh rate or colour accuracy.

My top price is around £600 - research so far has narrowed down to either the LG 43UD79 or Acer DM431K
First, what are your opinions on those? Doesn't seem much between them other than £150 in price.

But second, I have noticed that I could get a decent 4K TV for less money, some with IPS or QLED displays.

Should I be considering this? Is there much of a difference between TV and Monitor displays of the same spec?
For example the LG 43UM7000PLA seems to have a similar spec but a lot less money and TV features included
or the Samsung QLED Q60R https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-43-QLED-Q60R-TV/dp/B07NVRHMJ9

Please help me understand is a good 4K TV an option for me or something I should avoid and why
Thanks

Steve_183

Reputable
Feb 2, 2017
Hi, thanks, I have thought hard about that and if I were to get two screens I would want them to be the same make and model. Also 2 screens would not give anywhere near enough the pixel real estate I am looking for. A large 4K that is easy on the eye would be about right for my needs