Question Should i focus on performance for my games or just Focus on my boot up drive to be fast

Nk325

Prominent
Nov 26, 2020
Hello guys i would like to replace my hdd because in some games like cod it makes my game lag, When i checked Task manager my hdd was at 100% use and i am thinking about to switch to an ssd for my games not only to not lag but enjoy also faster loading times. I currently have 1 nvme ssd for windows and 1 hdd for games and other stuff. When i checked my motherboard details (MSI Mortar Max B450m) it supports 2 m2 nvme drives but in the second slot it only supports speeds for PCIe 2.0 x4 and the first flot PCIe 3.0 x4. I currently have 1 nvme at the first slot (XPG SPECTRIX S40G RGB) and i was wondering if i should move it to the 2nd with the speeds limiting to PCIe 2.0 x4 slot and buy a premium Nvme ssd for my games or just buy a budget Nvme like WD SN550 and use it in the 2nd slot. The big question is should i focus on performance for my games or just focus on my boot up drive to be fast and just buy a budget nvme for my games. Thx a lot for anyone who replies i would love to hear your opinion and i would love if someone recommends me an nvme drive.

Thx take care

Hello guys i would like to replace my hdd because in some games like cod it makes my game lag, When i checked Task manager my hdd was at 100% use and i am thinking about to switch to an ssd for my games not only to not lag but enjoy also faster loading times. I currently have 1 nvme ssd for windows and 1 hdd for games and other stuff. When i checked my motherboard details (MSI Mortar Max B450m) it supports 2 m2 nvme drives but in the second slot it only supports speeds for PCIe 2.0 x4 and the first flot PCIe 3.0 x4. I currently have 1 nvme at the first slot (XPG SPECTRIX S40G RGB) and i was wondering if i should move it to the 2nd with the speeds limiting to PCIe 2.0 x4 slot and buy a premium Nvme ssd for my games or just buy a budget Nvme like WD SN550 and use it in the 2nd slot. The big question is should i focus on performance for my games or just focus on my boot up drive to be fast and just buy a budget nvme for my games. Thx a lot for anyone who replies i would love to hear your opinion and i would love if someone recommends me an nvme drive.

Thx take care
Fit the sn550 in the 2nd slot.
That will be a big bump in perf over a hdd.