Should I get a Mac ?

waleed_871

Reputable
May 3, 2014
Hi , I'm a web developer , I've been working on a PC since the dawn of time ..

Now I'm thinking about getting a Macbook Air or a Macbook Pro ..

The problem is , By budget is 1500$ .. That should be enough for a mediocre Mac computer (i5 2gh , 4gb of ram and 128ssd ) ..

My question is , Is this machine is good enough for me ? I use a light-weight applications like sublime text , local server , web browsers and photoshop cc (Not a hard-core designer) .

Thanks in advance .

Solution
One of my colleagues bought one of the new 13" MacBook Pros recently - had the standard i5 CPU, 8GB RAM, and an upgraded SSD - as a development box for the LAMP stack, they reckon it's great.

sparestuff

Reputable
Sep 22, 2014
I bought a macbook pro, and I regret it now. It get's very slow once you run out of space on your hard drive, and 4gb gets really slow when you have photoshop and other applications on at the same time. I have a mbp mid 2012, i5 2.5ghz and it sucks at gaming (Obviously) and it can't really run photoshop well. Unless you are doing xcode or some application which is mac-only, I would stick with a cheaper but better windows laptop, which can easily beat a mbp at the $900 price range, and you can probably get a 1tb hard drive with it, with 8gb of ram and sometimes you can snag a deal and get an i7 laptop for a good price, which will be cheaper than an i5 mbp.

JOHNN93

Honorable
if you went with a dell or something witch has nothing to do with apple you could get better specs for your budget.
but for you the specs are ok for the workload that you will be throwing at it.
if you like the design of the mac there are also dells that have the same aluminum design that's why i bought it up in the first place.
you will find that dell has some relay cool laptops convertibles like the latitude 12 rugged.http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/latitude-7204-laptop/pd
so you can tap into facebook in extreme conditions.like life to death scenarios.