Jun 29, 2019
In a few weeks i'm gonna buy a gtx 1650. It recomends a 300w psu and i have a sentey 500w that doesn't have any certification. Should i buy another one with an 80 plus rate? If so, What power supply do you recomend for a 100usd budget?

Do you happen to know the exact model of PSU? I'm not all that familiar with Sentey, but it sounds like at least some of their power supplies have been quality units manufactured by Super Flower. If it doesn't have an 80 Plus rating, I suspect it might be a rather old design though. As for 80 Plus ratings, those are just a measure of energy efficiency, though more often than not, units rated for higher efficiency will also tend to be better units overall.

As for whether you need a new PSU, I suspect a 1650 would get along fine on your existing one. While the card recommends at least a 300 watt power supply, that's for powering the entire system, not just the card. The card itself only draws around 75 watts under load, and should run fine on most 300 watt or higher power supplies.

I would only be concerned if you were looking at significantly more power-hungry graphics cards. Your existing PSU may even be capable of handling better-performing graphics cards than a 1650, though again, that's only speculation without knowing what model it is.

Reactions: ferro52

TRENDING THREADS