Should I get G-Sync? Is G-Sync worth it?

Nov 28, 2015
I was thinking of getting a monitor that was 1080p, IPS, 144Hz, and G-Sync(G-Sync is not available with these monitors in 1080p, only 1440p)
When I realized you can only get a monitor with these features with [1080p no G-Sync] or [1440p G-Sync], I questioned if G-Sync was really worth it.
I read that if you get stable framerates, screen tearing does not occur. I'm not sure if it depends on the monitor and/or the system so here is my current system: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ncdCjX
Thanks in advance

Solution

Gsync is worth it at higher resolutions with medium framerates (40-90), as it makes everything smoother to look at with nearly no difference to vsync as long as you are not hitting max frames. If you get 144hz or above with gsync...

Gsync is worth it at higher resolutions with medium framerates (40-90), as it makes everything smoother to look at with nearly no difference to vsync as long as you are not hitting max frames. If you get 144hz or above with gsync enabled, the video will begin to stutter, and at this point gsync is no longer needed.
If you're getting a 1440p monitor, don't buy the Asus ROG Swifts, they are overrated and heavily marketed when in reality they have poor quality control, tonnes of backlight bleeding in most cases, and they look cheap.
I'd personally go for the Dell S2716DG. 144hz 1440p gsync monitor.
Offers all the same features as the swift with better quality, lower price and dell support which is great.

Solution
Nov 28, 2015

Thanks, but I was really looking for an IPS monitor.

That's fine, but IPS panels tend to cost a bit more, especially at 1440p.
The Acer XB270HU is the best IPS 1440p G-Sync module at a reasonable price, highly recommended.
If you have crazy money, go for the ROG Swift PG279Q, but beware of the quality control!