Should i get new speakers??

AEboy128

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2001
I have JBL ls-1 speakers with the subwoofer. I was thinking about getting some new speakers but i dont think they'd be much better than mine. I wouldn't set up surround sound because i don't have the room. I like high quality sound so good speakers are importang. Should i even spend the money?? I think its kinda nice to have something new once and a while.

Im savin up for a Cobra!! Hehe!!

FatBurger

Illustrious
Do you like the sound of your current speakers.
Yes - then don't get new ones.
No - then get new ones.

------------------------------
Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?

G

Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

<font color=blue>Your Mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take effect. Restart Now? [OK]</font color=blue>

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
I aggree with FatBurger. If the one's you currently list to sound good, and form the name, I would hope so, then there is no need to upgrade. The biggest upgrade and improvement will be if you hook up your sound card to a stereo reciever( I say steroe because You don't want surround sound) and to get some mid quality bookshelf speakers to go with it. No Computer Speaker system can truely be great because the sound card and speakers aren't geard to superb sound.

If it works for you then don't fix it.

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
I guess because I am a complex kind of guy. And that I wat people to know all there options

If it works for you then don't fix it.

AEboy128

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2001
I've decided that i'll keep my current speakers. Them and my sb live sound great!! I went to a store and everything they had didn't sound anywhere near as good as my JBL's. So for now they're staying.

Im savin up for a Cobra!! Hehe!!

FatBurger

Illustrious
I figured that was going to happen. Be glad you actually listened to the speakers first. Not everyone does.

------------------------------
Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?