[SOLVED] Should I go for a Ryzen 7 5800x Build?

DCtx88

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2014
I was gifted a ryzen 7 5800x because a few pins were bent (not broken), so I figured I can bend them back like I did with my 8350. After seeing reviews, I heard the 5800x is hard to cool down. I'm wondering should I consider a building using this cpu?

I'm using it for intense music production, so I know hdd speed and ram are important.

I was thinking:

CPU: 5800x
Cooler: nh-d15
Motherboard: I need recommendations (Something to help with the heat and well recommended). I prefer something that will be upgradeable in the future.
HDD: Sandisk 2tb 2.5 hdd and I have samsung evo 980 500gb
PSU: Evga 850w power supply (I have several that are between 650-850w)
GPU: Doesnt really matter since its just music production. Im using a very oldschool radeon hd card.
Ram: I have 16gb ddr4 ballastix (2 8gb sticks) and 16gb corsair vengeance ddr4 (2 8gb sticks)
Case: I'm using a oldschool coolermaster case that held my gigabyte ud4p-ex58 with noctua fans. I prefer a small case, but I understand cooling is important.
Fans: NF-F12 by noctua (I have 1 on the case, and I'm using noctua fans on my hyper 212 cooler on my 8350).

Any tips, ideas, suggestions? Would like to keep this cpu as cool as possible, but I like a quiet setup with my noctua fans. If I can get a smaller atx style case, id like that too.

Solution
5800X CPU here with Be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler (similar to mentioned Noctua NH-D15) on top. So far hadn't CPU temperature over 75C on full load even at summer with +34C around. CPU isn't overclocked though. I believe your setup should work fine.
5800X CPU here with Be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler (similar to mentioned Noctua NH-D15) on top. So far hadn't CPU temperature over 75C on full load even at summer with +34C around. CPU isn't overclocked though. I believe your setup should work fine.

Solution