[SOLVED] Should I go with Creative Sound Blaster Z or Sound Blaster X AE-5 Plus

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
I plan to build a new gaming PC and am considering the Creative Sound Blaster Z or Sound Blaster X AE-5 Plus for a dedicated sound card. In addition to gaming, I will use the PC to listen to music mainly in FLAC. The speakers that I will use are the Logitech Z-533. When I have to wear headphones, for music listening I will use Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II headphones and for gaming I will use Razer Kraken Tournament Edition: THX Spatial Audio headphones. I don't want to go cheap or overkill. I want a sound card that is well built and shielded from interference and works well with both gaming and music and offers good equalizer and audio options for music and movies. I have had generally good experience with Creative's products in the past and know they are among the top sound card brands. Which should I go for? I am also open to suggestions to other reliable sound card models.

Thanks.

Solution
Hey Master yoda.

for those headphones or speakers. I would advise against upgrading a sound card.
Motherboard standard audio is really really good. you would benefit more from getting a good pair of speakers.

speakers like the edifier 1700bt would be already a major upgrade over those z-533.
I really think a soundcard would be a waste of money.
Hey Master yoda.

for those headphones or speakers. I would advise against upgrading a sound card.
Motherboard standard audio is really really good. you would benefit more from getting a good pair of speakers.

speakers like the edifier 1700bt would be already a major upgrade over those z-533.
I really think a soundcard would be a waste of money.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS