Question Should I have low latency mode ON or OFF with FPS CAP ?

xXAhmad10000Xx

Reputable
Jan 10, 2021
So i have this pretty old AOC 20E1H monitor, it was the cheapest on the market and within my budget so I saw it supports overclock and I changed from 60 to 75 (even if that matters because I still have the same issue at 60). So before I state my issue i wanna know what the best optimal settings are to eliminate micro-stutter in game what i use rn is Nvidia fps cap with low latency mode turned on and nvidia reflex also on (without boost).

Now to the issues I have:

1) On modern first person shooter game, I have Mouse input delay so bad happens at random times besides the fact it doesn't feel smooth at all using FPS cap only made frame time more stable but still with input lag.

2) Even with stable frame time I get screen tearing and the game doesn't feel smooth at all.

3) Micro-stutter even with stable frame time, the mouse feels sluggish.

Last thing I want u to note: I believe my issue has something got to do with my polling rate being limited because of the fps cap / low latency / reflex, but even with me having them off still have issue.
I could also be getting frame-skipping but I don't how to check for that.

sorry to put you through this mess

NanoSuit3

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2017
I adore how you mentioned polling rate being limited cuz of the cap/LL/ reflex whereas I've HAD that same issue before til I found a forum of turning off something called Enhanced Pointer Precision which is like Mouse Acceleration outta game. Also the micro-stutters are cuz MAYBE of you having the display OCed to 75. I had a display I was able to OC to 144 from 60 and was never able to reach that in games until I found out my CPU wasn't unlocked fully. This was back in 2014 but that's another story. The matter is, only use Reflex if your playing Online Based FPS or Multiplayer. Try playing CS2 with different settings to see if it'll help. Not to mention higher frames equal less latency cuz more frames are being generated nonetheless your system can drive that many frames with a 9th Gen i3 & a 1650.................................Food for thought

Reactions: xXAhmad10000Xx

xXAhmad10000Xx

Reputable
Jan 10, 2021
I adore how you mentioned polling rate being limited cuz of the cap/LL/ reflex whereas I've HAD that same issue before til I found a forum of turning off something called Enhanced Pointer Precision which is like Mouse Acceleration outta game. Also the micro-stutters are cuz MAYBE of you having the display OCed to 75. I had a display I was able to OC to 144 from 60 and was never able to reach that in games until I found out my CPU wasn't unlocked fully. This was back in 2014 but that's another story. The matter is, only use Reflex if your playing Online Based FPS or Multiplayer. Try playing CS2 with different settings to see if it'll help. Not to mention higher frames equal less latency cuz more frames are being generated nonetheless your system can drive that many frames with a 9th Gen i3 & a 1650.................................Food for thought
thank you but 1 question should i keep the fps cap or not, I have it on 90 RN Nvidia Panel, ill try base 60 hertz monitor to see if it any better

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts