[SOLVED] Should i run my AIO pump fan at 100%?

Liborio

Honorable
Apr 2, 2016
Hi,

As the title suggests, i want to know whether it is correct to be running my AIO pump 3 pin fan at 100% constantly? I have a Cooler Master ML360R.

Thank you.

Solution
They can be and both currently have them on "normal" which means they are adjusted by the motherboard as temps change, higher temp, the higher the fan speed etc. I'm just not sure if i should be keeping it like that or having it on "full speed" which would be running at 100% constantly.
Yes, those simple AIOs have pumps meant to run full speed all the time. That helps with lower idle temps and fast reaction to raising temps. Here's my CM Nepton running like that over 6 years.
Also a reason why MBs with AIO_PUMP header are set to run them full speed.
I dont think it does. It only has sys_fan or CPU_OPT. Im using CPU_OPT for the pump. Im getting so many mixed answers as to whether i should set it as normal (adjusts as temps change) in the BIOS or full speed (at 100% constantly).
Don't know if it's the case with your MB but CPU_OPT is usually tied with CPU_FAN and runs at same speed so mixing two motors, specially if one is PWM and other one is voltage controlled, can result in some funny speeds and controls. You can see that in BIOS if CPU_FAN and OPT_FAN can be controlled separately.

Reactions: Liborio

Liborio

Honorable
Apr 2, 2016
Don't know if it's the case with your MB but CPU_OPT is usually tied with CPU_FAN and runs at same speed so mixing two motors, specially if one is PWM and other one is voltage controlled, can result in some funny speeds and controls. You can see that in BIOS if CPU_FAN and OPT_FAN can be controlled separately.
They can be and both currently have them on "normal" which means they are adjusted by the motherboard as temps change, higher temp, the higher the fan speed etc. I'm just not sure if i should be keeping it like that or having it on "full speed" which would be running at 100% constantly.

Yes, those simple AIOs have pumps meant to run full speed all the time. That helps with lower idle temps and fast reaction to raising temps. Here's my CM Nepton running like that over 6 years.

Reactions: Liborio
Solution

Liborio

Honorable
Apr 2, 2016
Thanks for the info.

So i should definitely change this head with my 3 pin pump fan set to run at full speed all the time?