[SOLVED] Should I sell a tablet that has a dead battery?

consptheory77

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T807 ) and I think the battery is dead. It does not appear to charge. I have tried to hard reboot it several times. When I connect the tablet to the computer, there is no device recognized as being connected.

Perhaps it is a stupid question, but can I or should I sell it? (for parts) I don't want someone reviving it and getting into all my saved browser information.

Solution
When I connect the tablet to the computer, there is no device recognized as being connected.
I didn't mean to say that I would try to sell the tablet as anything otherwise than "as is" in that state but rather is there a way to wipe the tablet even if the battery is dead?
If it's supposed to be recognized by windows and isn't it could mean that the charge port alone is broken or even just not making a 100% connection.
Fixing the port is the first thing that anybody buying this thing "as is" is going to try, after that they will try to change the battery and if that's what it was they will have all your data, if they care, serious people will just wipe it, do a factory reset and re sell it but you should not count on them...

kanewolf

Titan
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T807 ) and I think the battery is dead. It does not appear to charge. I have tried to hard reboot it several times. When I connect the tablet to the computer, there is no device recognized as being connected.

Perhaps it is a stupid question, but can I or should I sell it? (for parts) I don't want someone reviving it and getting into all my saved browser information.
You can try. The ethical thing is to disclose the current state. As long as you are transparent about your knowledge of the device, you can sell it. Personally I wouldn't sell it because you haven't been able to remove your personal data.

When I connect the tablet to the computer, there is no device recognized as being connected.
I didn't mean to say that I would try to sell the tablet as anything otherwise than "as is" in that state but rather is there a way to wipe the tablet even if the battery is dead?
If it's supposed to be recognized by windows and isn't it could mean that the charge port alone is broken or even just not making a 100% connection.
Fixing the port is the first thing that anybody buying this thing "as is" is going to try, after that they will try to change the battery and if that's what it was they will have all your data, if they care, serious people will just wipe it, do a factory reset and re sell it but you should not count on them not messing with your data.

No unless the internal memory is somehow removable which I very much doubt fixing the tablet is the only way to wipe it.
Except maybe for an industrial strength magnet like the ones they use to lift up cars but that would probably very much destroy the whole tablet.

Solution
Dec 16, 2020
List it on eBay and make sure you state what the problem is and its sold for parts.

I have sold a broken PS4, a super slow iPad, and a cracked screen laptop on ebay for seriously good prices in the past.

Or you could try and have it fixed if you really want to keep it?

Mar 23, 2021

Why not sell this tablet without battery.

Second option buy a battery bcz this will be increae your tablet range.