Should I sell my PC?!?

jedmonds717

Reputable
Dec 21, 2015
so i just finished my first custom build and had fun doing it with not one single problem but should i sell it for profit and make another or would i never make anything more then what i paid

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($98.98 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($71.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($39.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($44.98 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Superclocked Video Card ($122.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case ($42.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($17.88 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) ($93.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $673.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-21 19:19 EST-0500

Update: so thats the list of parts...was this a good first time build...all went smoothly...and should i change anything?

Solution
Yes that could sell well as a mid level PC. good job matching the performance of the CPU and GPU. too many people feel content with a sickly processor and a 970.
how does it look? some cable management always helps, the case certainly does not detract from it.
As above, can you find someone to sell it to? if so then I would do so.
Charging $750 would be acceptable, if not slightly more I feel, especially to a tech noob.
You could probably make money, but the question is who can you sell it to? if you are a high school student, Who is going to throw a fair amount of money for something that you built? That is what made my computer business so difficult, was that people simply did not take us seriously. If you have a honest friend or trust someone to pay up then I would try to sell it. but you could also just keep it.

Yes that could sell well as a mid level PC. good job matching the performance of the CPU and GPU. too many people feel content with a sickly processor and a 970.
how does it look? some cable management always helps, the case certainly does not detract from it.
As above, can you find someone to sell it to? if so then I would do so.
Charging $750 would be acceptable, if not slightly more I feel, especially to a tech noob.

Solution

jedmonds717

Reputable
Dec 21, 2015
its a non modular psu so there are 2 unused pcie cables i cant do anything about but it looks awesome with the blue leds and i also plan on throwing blue sleeves over all the wires to camoflauge them in

G

That's a good build with some well-branded parts. Your key focus here should be doing whatever you can on your end to increase the value of it through aesthetics and performance. If you can stably overclock that processor (which is fairly easy, just a little bit time-consuming) then you can add that on as a big selling feature. To those who don't know how to do it, it looks super cool. Also make sure you do a good job at some tight cable management, as this will make the computer look professional and worth buying, not just something that someone slapped together.

These all sound like small, simple things that you can do, but they can increase your selling value by 10-15%, which is huge.

As a bonus, try overclocking the GPU, as that will further increase it's resale value.