[SOLVED] Should I sell my vega 64?

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
So I have a primary desktop system with a vega 64 ryzen 5 3600 etc etc and a secondary laptop with a 2060 and an i5 8th gen. Would it be worth selling the GPU in my desktop and buy a better one with the money from that once the market normalizes? I do run some servers on my desktop so I'd have to find a way to transfer those but yeah. How much do you think I could get for my card? It's an ASUS Arrez strix vega 64 OC.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/GF...ion-video-card-arez-strix-rxvega64-o8g-gaming

Solution
Considering the laptop 2060 is not far behind the Vega 64 in speeds, I would for sure sell it if I can get the high price for it.
Running servers on the desktop you can do without that video card, if you need just a video input any old used $30 video card would do.

InvalidError

Titan
The easiest way to get a quick range of what you can get for something depending on condition is to check completed listings on eBay. Looks like $600-900 for Vega64.

Should you sell it? Depends on how long you are willing to wait to buy a replacement anywhere near MSRP. I'm not expecting prices on current-gen cards to come back down until next-gen GPUs made on next-gen process launch, so be ready to wait until some point in 2022 if you sell.

Considering the laptop 2060 is not far behind the Vega 64 in speeds, I would for sure sell it if I can get the high price for it.
Running servers on the desktop you can do without that video card, if you need just a video input any old used $30 video card would do.

Reactions: King_V
Solution

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019

The thing is, I don't technically run a valheim server on my desktop, instead, I just open up the world to multiplayer. Is there a way I could somehow use my laptop as an external gpu for my desktop? I kinda doubt it but it would fix my problem.

I went ahead and put up for sale here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-AREZ-...083107?hash=item2b00dd1723:g:ynMAAOSwVx5gQ~WG

Any ideas for how i can get people to axtually bid on it?

Drive to their houses and hold their cat hostage till they bid.

There is no secret, put a good price on it, have good pictures, etc... Most people sort things by price and go from there. I would also post some screenshots of the card running and going through a benchmark or GPUZ screenshot or something to show it's working with no issues.

You don't have any sales on eBay so that is also a negative for many buyers.

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
I like the hostage cat idea...

Ive got to bids now, but as they cause the item to change to a prewoned auction instead of a preowned buy it now, not near as many people are seeing it and I have gone from like 200 views per hour to maybe 5

About still using your Desktop without a GPU. I currently do this myself. My Server Computer has Windows 10 Pro, and the Pro edition lets me connect to the PC remotely, using my main PC, by using the "Remote Desktop Connection" available in Windows. I do not think this will work if your Desktop has 10 Home, the laptop can have whatever. If not, you can try using a different program, like maybe Team Viewer, so you can see and control the desktop from the laptop.

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
About still using your Desktop without a GPU. I currently do this myself. My Server Computer has Windows 10 Pro, and the Pro edition lets me connect to the PC remotely, using my main PC, by using the "Remote Desktop Connection" available in Windows. I do not think this will work if your Desktop has 10 Home, the laptop can have whatever. If not, you can try using a different program, like maybe Team Viewer, so you can see and control the desktop from the laptop.
I already shipped the GPU so I'll probably just make do with the laptop until the market stabilizes.

TRENDING THREADS