Question should i switch my triple screen setup with a ultra wide ?

dokuroc

Reputable
Jul 29, 2019
Ok so this is my question i am currently runing , 3 displays asus rog PG258Q(24"), 240hz, will moving to a ultra wide samsung g9 will be worth it ? or worse?

The screen 'real estate' i get with 3 monitors is around 72", and seprating the 'work' releated windows is pretty easy with 3 screens.(dragging and droping is not a problem when computer recognize each seprate screen).

The question is what do you guys think is it worth the money?
I will love to know if anyone is programming on one of these 49 inch screens and what he thinks about it.
Also i am bit shaky about the idea of loosing 23" of real esate on my screen and going to 16.33" per section of my working envoriment.

p.s for most of my life i worked on 3 screens at home, 2 at work.

If You Are Interested In Buying A Monitor Please Fill Out The Following As This Will Help Narrow Down Recommended Choices:

2. What do you plan to do with this monitor? Mainly programing , and some games.

3. What resolution and screen size do you want? not sure

4. What refresh rate do you want? (ex. 60 hz , 70 hz.) 240hz

5. How much are you looking to spend? up to around 1500$.

6. Brands Preferred (ex. Samsung, Acer, Asus, AOC, HP, Viewsonic, etc. ) - dosn't matter.

7. Brands Not Preferred (state reason why)- dosn't matter.

8. Are You Buying More Than One Monitor? - no either 1 ultra wide or stay with the current one.

9. How Many Displays Can Your GPU Support Maximum? And what GPU and driver version are you using if applicable? i am using a 2080 ti 11gb

10. What Port Do You Want To Connect To (ex. DVI-D, HDMI, etc). what ever is better i am not sure about this.

11. Is This Monitor A Primary Display Or A Secondary Display? primary

TRENDING THREADS