Should I update to SP2 now or wait??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:04:14 -0400, "MB" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net>
wrote:

>I see SP2 is available but ONLY if I turn on automatic updates, which I
>don't want to do.

That is absurd. You can download the entire update and install it and
leave auto-updates off. I have done just that.
--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots:

"Paul Knudsen" <HughG@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:04:14 -0400, "MB" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net>
> wrote:
>
>>I see SP2 is available but ONLY if I turn on automatic updates, which I
>>don't want to do.
>
> That is absurd. You can download the entire update and install it and
> leave auto-updates off. I have done just that.
> --
> Top 10 Conservative Idiots:
> http://www.democraticunderground.com/top10/

Correct. That's the biggest reason to do the full (network) download. That
and if you have more than one machine to update.

Tom