Should i upgrade my graphics card?

Oct 2, 2018
Hello

A year ago I have bought a new graphics card Nvidia GTX 750 TI but still the games i played weren't running much faster, I think its because of the below components that are old. My question is, should I replace the processor and get a better graphics card or just get a new pc instead, and if replace the processor, how do i know its compatible?

System Model: HP Compaq dx7500 Microtower
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz, 2499 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - (old i know)
Gpu: nvidia gtx 750 ti
RAM: 4GB

Thanks!

Solution
I'd probably be looking at a new system for a few reasons.

First of all, as you said, it's pretty old and you can get into the situation where you upgrade one thing, and then other things need upgrading.

Another reason is....upgrading a name brand PC like a Compaq can be tricky because those companies generally don't offer the upgrade support that you get with something that isn't proprietary.

For instance...it may be difficult to find out what MB you have....and then what CPUs it supports and then, what BIOS to use.....and the same goes with memory etc.

2sidedpolygon

Prominent
Jul 1, 2018
It's about time to get a new CPU, that's almost certainly a major bottleneck. I'd recommend upgrading to a new motherboard platform for it and getting the Ryzen 3 1200/2200g (I believe the 1200 has better CPU performance, though, so that'd be the better pick) or the i3 8100. Your RAM is also lacking, so if you can fit that into the budget, I'd upgrade that to 8 gigs.

I'd probably be looking at a new system for a few reasons.

First of all, as you said, it's pretty old and you can get into the situation where you upgrade one thing, and then other things need upgrading.

Another reason is....upgrading a name brand PC like a Compaq can be tricky because those companies generally don't offer the upgrade support that you get with something that isn't proprietary.

For instance...it may be difficult to find out what MB you have....and then what CPUs it supports and then, what BIOS to use.....and the same goes with memory etc.

Solution