should i upgrade my RADEON R7 250 1gb to Asus GTX 750ti 2gb

shamiralwi

Prominent
Oct 17, 2017
I would like to ask weather i need to change my gpu. Would it make any different in my game. Currently i have no issue playing game like Dota, Overwatch ,Skyrim. That the game i always play. But my pc start lagging when i play PUBG. Even in lowest setting. So my question is will it make the game perform smoother if i change my gpu? or i will need to upgrade my cpu as well? pc part were overprice in my country so this upgrade suit my budget.

im planning to upgrade to
1st - asus GTX750ti 2gb
2nd - amd fx 8350

i would love to hear your opinion about other cards which have same price as above or lower which perform similar.

my current spec:
cpu : amd fx 4300
mobo : m5a78l m lx v2
gpu : radeon r7 250 1gb
ram : hyperX 8gb
psu : cooler master 550w

PUBG is VERY demanding, and it is not optimized well either. So for this game you need all the power you can get. Certainly the 750 Ti will get you much better performance, especially since PUBG performs better on Nvidia cards. However, you'll still need to run it at low/medium settings and possibly 720p.

On the CPU, an upgrade to an FX 6xxx CPU would be fine. For games that gets you most of the performance you'd get from a 8xxx series.

I want to stress that even after upgrading these two parts you will still have what is a minimum system for PUBG. You can't expect 60fps 1080p gaming from this setup on that game.

shamiralwi

Prominent
Oct 17, 2017
thank you. another question is what make the PUBG game spike/lag? because sometimes it play smooth. what does pc really need to run game like PUBG smooth?

>sorry im new to this and thankyou for replying

shamiralwi

Prominent
Oct 17, 2017

sorry i pressed the down button by accident :/ .thanks for the information . but after i upgrade this 2 part will my pc handle screen recording using obs cause right now i cant screen recording, it will make my games lag (games like dota
and overwatch)

shamiralwi

Prominent
Oct 17, 2017

I can live with that. thankyou so much