Should I use my PC w/o a GPU?

louieGT

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016
Hello,
I recently build my first PC. Here's my build.
CPU: AMD FX-8350
MOBO: MSI 970 Gaming
Power Supply: EVGA 750w
Case: FD define s
16 gb of ram
smamsung evo ssd
and 1 tb hard drive.

I purchased the new MSI rx 480 but it wont be coming in until two weeks and I already have all the other pieces, I am under the impression that the CPU contains a smaller GPU that can handle basic games like Dota 2. lol, overwatch, rocketleague etc.

Now my question is, will using my pc to run these kinds of games potentially hinder the other pieces in the build by having the other parts have to run faster or harder? also, any feedback on this beginner build?

fabiodrm

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016

any gpu could do that, GT 210, GT 710, GT 720. If you cant wait, just get the lower priced one.

Don't bother planning to use both. You most likely won't be able to nor gain much performance.
If you are not desperate to use the pc, just wait it out. If you need it for basic functionality, get a cheap gpu and keep it as a backup incase you need to RMA your new gpu.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You can't SLI different cards, and you can't Crossfire across GPU families, and certainly not with the Nvidia GT series.

No game engine has implemented using all of a system's GPUs to render frames, it is a feature possible with DX12 though. By then you will have a better GPU, and it would make more sense to cram in as many fast GPUs as possible.

TRENDING THREADS