[SOLVED] Should I wait

Aug 23, 2019
I plan to build a 2080ti gaming rig around January but I am unsure if I should just wait for the next gen Nvidia cards. I have no idea when they are launching but I was wondering what you guys think. i currently have a 1060 6gb and an 8400 cpu. Thanks fellas

Solution
Next gen Nvidia GPUs will definitely be substantial upgrades from the current gen with 7nm and new architecture, but that is how it usually works in the fast paced DIY PC segment. So if you planning on upgrading, then go ahead. If you plan on waiting for the next gen, that is fine too, but that could be nearly a year. The question is, are you unhappy with your current build ? If so, just upgrade.

Dreamevil55

Honorable
May 4, 2016
Next gen Nvidia GPUs will definitely be substantial upgrades from the current gen with 7nm and new architecture, but that is how it usually works in the fast paced DIY PC segment. So if you planning on upgrading, then go ahead. If you plan on waiting for the next gen, that is fine too, but that could be nearly a year. The question is, are you unhappy with your current build ? If so, just upgrade.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS