Question Should speaker placed right next to computer case?

Hyedwtditpm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2014
There used to warnings that the speakers should be placed like 30 cm away from the monitor or such.
Some speaker are advertised as magnetically shielded.
I have Edifier 1000db. I don't know if these are magnetically shielded or not. There isn't much room on my computer setup table.
Is it fine to place the speaker right next to my computer case? that side of the case is just a big glass window.

kanewolf

Titan
There used to warnings that the speakers should be placed like 30 cm away from the monitor or such.
Some speaker are advertised as magnetically shielded.
I have Edifier 1000db. I don't know if these are magnetically shielded or not. There isn't much room on my computer setup table.
Is it fine to place the speaker right next to my computer case? that side of the case is just a big glass window.
This review -- https://ayumilove.net/edifier-s1000-speaker-review/ says the speakers are magnetically shielded.
BUT, PC cases and CRTs are very different devices. A color CRT screen can be "polluted" by a magnet because there is a thin metal mesh at the front of the tube that masks each colored dot on the front of the tube. If that mesh gets magnetized, the electron beams that illuminate the front of the screen can be diverted off-target. This can cause a color problem.
PCs may not even have any magnetic devices these days. SSDs are magnetic independent. Even HDDs require a very strong magnet to erase them. The magnet in the speaker is probably 10cm+ from the HDD in most cases. I don't believe you will have an issue.

Reactions: Hyedwtditpm