Jun 10, 2020
I’m getting a new computer soon here the computer I have now has a Seagate external hard drive with picture and other things, when I get this new compute is it better to plug it in and then turn my new pc on for the first time, or should I turn on my new pc do the introduction for windows and then plug it in

Solution
Won't matter which way. It only matters when installing Windows from scratch that it's better to only have one drive connected to prevent Windows from possibly installing boot loader elsewhere except on the primary drive. So if the secondary drive was removed, the system would still boot to Windows.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Won't matter which way. It only matters when installing Windows from scratch that it's better to only have one drive connected to prevent Windows from possibly installing boot loader elsewhere except on the primary drive. So if the secondary drive was removed, the system would still boot to Windows.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution

USAFRet

Titan
I’m getting a new computer soon here the computer I have now has a Seagate external hard drive with picture and other things, when I get this new compute is it better to plug it in and then turn my new pc on for the first time, or should I turn on my new pc do the introduction for windows and then plug it in
Get it all sett up, then connect the external.

Reactions: CountMike
Jun 10, 2020
It already has windows installed so it does not matter?