Show File Size in Findows Explorer

78zinman

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
I have a "Music" folder. Beneath that folder are all of my music folders. Assume e:\Music\The Beatles\((and then all the Beatles Albums). If I navigate to e:\Music, I can add Size as a column. I can also go to Tools, Folder Options, View, and select All Folders to make them display the same. However, neither "The Beatles" nor any of the albums display the "Size" of each file. I have to do it manually.
There has gotta be a better way!!!
Thanks

Open Windows Explorer to view the files in the folder you are interested in.

There is a thin bar across the top of the folder contents that has such information as Name, type, size, last modified, etc.

Right-click on that thin bar to show options. Check what you want to see, un-check what you wish to hide.

Go to the top of the window and click "tools" and then "Folder Options."

Click the "View" tab then click "Apply to all folders" to make it persistent in all Windows Explorer views from now on.

78zinman

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
OK, everything you said was absolutely correct. The only additional thing I had to do was drop down a couple of levels to a folder that actually had some songs; then I added the "Size" to that folder and repeated the Tools>Options thing. Everything worked out perfectly.
Thanks very much