Show off your newest system upgrade components here!

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
January
Bought Corsair ST100 RGB headset stand for my Skylake build and Aerocool X-Vision fan controller for my AMD build.
b3tpbp9.jpg

During fan controller installation.
ekVjEUG.jpg

Aerocool X-Vision up and running.

Channel layout:
Channel #1: Sharkoon 140mm (green LED) - front intake
Channel #2: Sharkoon 140mm (green LED) - front intake
Channel #3: Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED 140mm (green LED) - top exhaust
Channel #4: Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED 140mm (green LED) - top exhaust
Channel #5: Sharkoon 140mm (green LED) - rear exhaust
7vW4e3d.jpg

Night shot.
8zUIJhF.jpg

I like how nicely the ST100 RGB headset stand shows off my Void Pro headset. Best part, headset stand LEDs are compatible with Corsair CUE and i can sync them with the rest of my Corsair peripherals.
4BeZEUq.jpg

Night shot.
lF0NFuC.jpg

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Just sold my older setup a few weeks ago and spent out of pocket about $600 to get my new PC.
i7-6700k OC @4.7Ghz
NZXT Kraken X62 Rev. 2.0 AiO Liquid Cooler
ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming AURA Motherboard
16GB (2x8) 2400Mhz DDR4 Memory
ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 Gaming Graphics Card
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD
Seagate 1.5TB HDD x2 (Total 3TB)(Had these lying around already)
Corsair CX600M 80+ Bronze 600W Semi Modular Power Supply (Had this one lying around already)
iBuyPower Customized S340 Elite PC Case (Tempered Glass tinted side panels on both sides of PC)
Corsair K70 Vengeance Red LED Cherry MX Red Mechanical Gaming Keyboard.

Everything was purchased second hand for way less than retail so that's how I got it so cheap.

Here is the Link to the picture album of the PC.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/BzXWrNEKG6EjUXkM2

Here is a single pic to share
Xcv3jFmZyGxUyH4liyc0awVShBLxUJqeixolNRw0m-0S2sEl5hqvmSyS5cae1kUIIoN2GFRrOsVXPL4oJAnbGpCmi08RtUOtiPkMbfV79aTxeIm4DUBGwjVvrttWQgdccEoZDtVghlPGoUsZ6x5kibMYc6VktQO7b2DUMcM1kecnt2-as97ZDObyjxI7vnWj8yKWIihzSyPXdGF6NxmEmQjvQ-jf_jfDtCh2epm9Ly6txRroU8zg_Ve5EXU7pVzmUXQ1_xTL2JnsKmr2TpcF_tpcvylzZIfJxJElR6xN2iioeNbBgVGYpq_aNtgowCZ0kJIuoeeIFedpzVwYqMt-PxPq03xdxEW1rwYC3XVloaqYW-GHC0a3ovJnu5GpD3EzdKy7whEewtDVEbum7u1Cx1sVBdLkSH3hYmoeVDryKj3ZQusfr9uWD7pnM1JrM25dELIVwKaqCCv9vuGsEi3Gdh6ZMhJzVsmbLroMj0X80ZeW0vpRHetEH1oppl24LapNm2Qh_-oyjlyvMi2fSNcUczmUppqWRQZ-I42Z-ssohLVMD5uUPozCqUWHi0H3WWxNA9LxcK3s5wSWbQdOSioM6ImJi4S0UsvmKoIVdGhQyh2NhhkLsrK6p71EHwQH4oJzyxabol5oTCt0kmUjoRUNobY89EXn23Tj=w1258-h943-no

g-unit1111

Titan

Thanks! Eventually I'm going to get a Kraken X62, Hue+, and G Skill Trident Z RGB, then the setup will be complete!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
February
Bought two CyberPower CP1300EPFCLCD UPSes for my Skylake and Haswell builds.
XEh0KMa.jpg

Preliminary tests to see if they work.
ErpUZif.jpg

For Haswell build (wife's PC), i put the UPS next to the PC for her easier access.
ZUnbZZG.jpg

While for Skylake build (my PC), UPS sits on the floor and next to my subwoofer.
67n1xg7.jpg

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador

For capacity wise, yes, yours is one step up but build quality wise, it's one step down.
Your UPS is part of the Intelligent LCD series offered by CyberPower. Intelligent LCD series UPSes come either with stand-by or line-interactive design and they only output simulated sine wave. While the ones i got are part of the PFC Sinewave series which come only with line-interactive design and they output only (true/pure) sine wave.
CyberPower lineup: https://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/ups/

When you got your UPS, i take that it didn't turn on. Did you plug it to the mains and let it's battery to charge for at least 8 hours? Since battery does deplete over time when UPS is kept in store storage for long period of time. That initial recharge is also written in UPS manual as a prerequisite.

USAFRet

Titan

Oh yeah, plugged it in and let it sit for hours.
Dead as a doorknob.

Amazon wouldn't take it back because LITHIUM!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador

But why not RMA it directly to the CyberPower?

Yeah, many shipping services are iffy about shipping hazardous materials. Usually they don't want to deal with those since those require special packaging and permits when sent by consumers.

USAFRet

Titan

Amazon has a very strong 30 day return policy.
Unless otherwise specifically instructed, that is where I go within the 30 day period, in the very few times I've needed.

I didn't care either way. I just wanted a working UPS.
Amazon refunded 100%, and said "eh, keep it. Do what you want with it"
So I bought a Tripp-lite for the same price.

In the UK, our postal service will not carry any type of batteries. It's stupidity having to use a courier to return a battery because the supplier screwed up the order.

One outfit I use lets me keep any wrongly supplied units rather than go to those lengths to return them.

Last month I purchased
evga_11g_p4_6698_kr_geforce_gtx_1080_ti_1358502.jpg
and a 650W PSU
51shdHvd7GL.jpg
and an HTC Vive.

Had
image.png
Have
2018_PC.png
. Very satisfied with my upgrades. Average GPU temps decreased by about 20C and average CPU and GPU loads are also down when at 1080p. FPS at least doubled in most games. Some seem stuck to my refresh rate even though I don't have any local or global setting set to enable vsync and all power options are set to the maximum. .

Spanky460

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Windows 10 Pro, Mother Board Asus ROG Strix Cpu, Ryzen 7 1800x (Overclocked
4.1), Ram TridentZ RGB (16gb), Graphics Card MSI Aero GTX 1080, Self Contained
Water Cooler H150i PRO RGB, Power Supply Corsair CX750M

I Believe That Is Everything... :)

Let Me Know What You Guys Think Of My New Rig :)

2z86ck7.jpg

2ikv0r9.jpg

2wd6dfa.jpg

2gxe4p5.jpg

s2ckf7.jpg

1dzzpk.jpg

kedo1z.jpg

8zmxl3.jpg

14ifqiq.jpg

noa73k.jpg

This Is With Heavan Running on Highest Settings

oud46x.jpg

jkw29d.jpg

mtw87l.jpg

15fn3bl.jpg

D

Deleted member 362816

Build that I just finished a few weeks ago.

7700k--4.8ghz
Msi z270 Gaming m7
32GB Corsair 3000mhz RBG
2x Nvidia GTYX 1080's
Custom EK loop--- Would like to add the Gpu's some day.
Braided cables white/black
Pretty clean build IMO.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

Excellent setup , looks great!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
March
Bought Samsung 960 Evo 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD for my Skylake build.
kbGIE7P.jpg

Had to pull the GPU to get enough room to install my M.2 SSD.
QPGPfY9.jpg

During partition cloning.
XkSrtpe.jpg

New SSD up and running.
LCY4Evl.png

M.2 NVMe SSD is so tiny that i can hardly see it in my build.
rylp6KT.jpg

@Spanky460 I saw your core clock at 1987MHz. That told me your GPU was probably too warm. I then saw it was at 78C. Or was it 79? Anyways, that's too warm for GPU Boost 3.0. I 'm not looking to go off topic, start of conversation or troubleshoot in here. Get that temperature down below 56c and see what happens. To be clear, your GFX card isn't thermal throttling. Instead GPU Boost 3.0 is reducing its OC in favor of cooler temperatures. I suspect that 1080 has some pretty good user OC left after GPU Boost 3.0 gets done with it.

g-unit1111

Titan
Ooh look what I got in the mail:

20180412_093656.jpg

I will get these installed over the weekend. Then the next purchase will be my cooler and then I will be done. I can't wait to get this rig showed off when I am finished.

D

Deleted member 217926

Looks good. Going in the Ryzen build? What speed is it?

g-unit1111

Titan

Yup! It is DDR4-3200. I scored it for $191, been waiting for several weeks for the price to drop and I think that is as good as it is going to get for now. I will be buying the Kraken the next time I get paid.

nosirrahx

Reputable
Mar 16, 2018
@g-unit1111

Did my post here get deleted? I was sure that I posted in this thread.

EDIT:

Yep, my post did get deleted, any particular reason why?

E5zT2Qs.jpg