Show off your newest system upgrade components here!

Page 35 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Just got my 1TB NVME.
Finally getting SSD storage for games.
Have been using a 7200rpm drive this whole time (250GB SSD for boot). don't get me wrong, the HDD is perfectly fine and suitable for most games, but this drive is gonna be for newer AAA titles that'll take advantage of it like CP2077, and I'm gonna put all my VR games on it as well.

Got it cyber Monday in discount for $100

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Got the chance to pick up a 3070 Strix OC for MSRP - ~$900 CAD / $700 USD.
Size comparison (2070 Super XC Ultra!)
1.jpg

Some difficulties fitting into my Meshify C.... had to remove the intake fan (pic was while trying it outside the chassis, but the front panel won't close:

2.jpg

Also picked up some 4133MHz RAM (CL19) that I'm going to work on bringing down to ~3600 CL14-15.

PXL-20201205-011604926.jpg

Reactions: DMAN999
D

Deleted member 217926

Where did you get that Tom's Hardware sticker? Never seen one like that before I don't think.

Reactions: King_V

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Where did you get that Tom's Hardware sticker? Never seen one like that before I don't think.

It was on the merch store that was up for a while.... T-Shirts and the like? End of 2019, maybe? I don't remember.

EDIT it was Teespring:
https://teespring.com/toms-hardware-logo2?tsmac=store&tsmic=toms-hardware-apparel&pid=794&cid=103544

Looks like a 15mm fan would fit.

Might have to get a slim fan. Maybe remove it

Yeah, thinking of waiting for the slim Noctua's that were supposed to be out this year & have been pushed to 2021. That being said, even without the front fan, the card barely tops out at 70'C in a ~20'C ambient.

There was a keyring... thing in the box with the 3070 - and it was a ruler! 😂 Bet it's so you could measure your case, but by the time you already have it in hand??

I do have a potential offer for a 3070 FE + cash to make up the difference in MSRPs. I'm tempted. I like the look of the FE, but the performance/cooling isn't phenomenal.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Now to see if I still get the crashing issue I've been having.
Although I've been looking into it, and I'm thinking something just got borked in Windows and I need to do a clean install..... God such a pain to do that though.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
CX600 would be a good Christmas gift for someone you don't like.
I have said this before and I will say it again, my specific unit ended up being one of the good ones.
Don't know what to tell you, it lived through a 1050 Ti, 1070, and current 1080 Ti along with 3rd, 4th, and current 6th gen intel K skus with overclocking on CPU and GPU.
My CX600M is my lucky PSU that I will hold on to in order to use it as a backup if something goes wrong with the new one.

I have said this before and I will say it again, my specific unit ended up being one of the good ones.
Don't know what to tell you, it lived through a 1050 Ti, 1070, and current 1080 Ti along with 3rd, 4th, and current 6th gen intel K skus with overclocking on CPU and GPU.
My CX600M is my lucky PSU that I will hold on to in order to use it as a backup if something goes wrong with the new one.
And my CX600 was DOA because the ultra garbage 85c CapXon cap Corsair used bit the dust. Luck varies I guess is the lesson.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
And my CX600 was DOA because the ultra garbage 85c CapXon cap Corsair used bit the dust. Luck varies I guess is the lesson.
ok, well let's clarify, you are talking about the CX rather than the CXM series?
The CX series was absolute trash, the CXM green label series was different, had an issue with a lot of them just failing on people, but some were ok (mine obviously was)