Show off your newest system upgrade components here!

Page 30 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WildCard999

Titan
Finally after 11 years my Turtlebeach X12 kicked the bucket so upgrade time! Plus I need it for PS4 as the stock "headset" is junk.

4mT3XYf.jpg

WildCard999

Titan
So how well do they do?

I have not used any wireless mainly because I don't want to waste my SoundBlaster Z but have bee interested to see how well some of the Corsaqir ones do since I still love my old H1500s.
There pretty good, range is excellent as I've been able to walk around my house, say like 30-ish ft from the computer and no distortions I could tell. Sound quality is better then my previous Turtlebeach and it works great on both PC/PS4. I'm no audiophile but everything sounds crisp to me and Corsair's iCue software allows you to make adjustments as needed but there's also presets such as "clear chat" & "FPS competition" which I have yet to use. Besides it being wireless the next big thing for me was the detachable microphone as it's nice not to have it in the way and on certain games where it's not needed.

The only possible issue was I let them charge for a few hours and per the LED it said they were fully charged so once I connected them to the PC I went into iCue and it stated the battery was at 90% even though it probably should of been at 100%. Doing a big more research suggest that the headset goes green for fully charged when at 90-100% but I'd like to make sure that it will actually go to 100%.

Reactions: CorpRebel

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'm using the Steel Series Arctis 7, and love them. The sound us decent, they do not get the lag I got with my old logitech BT, and I love the dual volume dials. One is a master volume, the other differentiates between discord/chat and game allowing me to tune in or out one or the other. Have seriously good battery life, ran them for over 15 hrs one weekend, I can walk downstairs into the kitchen on the other side of the house and not loose connection. And no friggin wires to get yanked out of the pc! Nice that turning the headset on/off switches to pc speakers automatically, unlike BT which won't reconnect in game if you turn them off or unplug. Bonus is they'll operate wireless or wired, charge while using etc. Retractable mic, hah!

Wired might get better sound for the audiophile crowd, but for the average more dedicated gamer who likes to yap online while gaming, wireless is just so handy.

D

Deleted member 217926

I use my HD598s for gaming. Cheapest headphone I've got and the one I've had the longest. Soundstage and imaging are excellent and I forget I'm wearing them.

Now if I was going to play a competitive FPS or something I'd use the Elear. Imaging is beyond insane. But the Elear is expensive and doesn't like to slum with the soundcard. 😁

z3XACnU.gif

D

Deleted member 217926

He quoted a 2 year old post from the first page.

hildebranddj

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010

Finally happy that GPUs came down in price so I tossed in an RX580mk2 in my forever build. It has taken me nearly 8 years to get it built the way I have wanted, even being relatively obsolete tech wise in some ways. But goes to show you can slowly build a system as you can afford parts. Went from a cheap HD4670 to a HD5670 to a R7/360 to now the RX580.

CPU went from a Phenom IIx4 910 salvaged from my HP Elite system that died a slow death due to horrid airflow to the FX8350 in it now.

Still a few things to tinker with, PSU is getting on on years but still stable, and I just picked up a Samsung Pro 1TB to replace the old WD Caviar Green 1TB drive that has all my media on.

She's no speed demon but Benches well above a decent high end Gaming Laptop. Won't hold a candle to some of the newer Ryzen builds but for my needs as a retro gamer it's perfect.

Yes top fan was moved to the rear position after this pic was taken. Case stays nice and cool now even under full load it does quite well.

Hi all, I'm new to the forum but did a big overhaul on my system in March and went from a AMD 8300 Vishera, 16gb no name Ram, GTX 1060 6gb to....

Ryzen 2700x OC to 4.1 ghz (comfy zone)
Asus Rog Strix x470-f MB
32gb Corsair Vengence 3000 mhz RAM (overkill but if you got slots you gotta fill them LOL)
Asus Rog Strix RTX 2080 OC (Samsung DDR6)
Deepcool AIO WC
BeQuiet Pure Power 11 Gold 700w
3 Corsair Case fans
500 gb Samsung 860 evo
1Tb Seagate Barracuda
AOC 144hz 1ms 1920 x 1080 pixel 27''curved monitor

Runs like a robbers dog and is cool, quiet and stable

This is a great place for info and hope to help and learn as I go along....

Cheers

Schlachtwolf
CQWBcwv.jpg

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
July
Bought Corsair STRAFE RGB MK.2 with Cherry MX Silent switches and Corsair Sabre RGB for my Haswell build.

Lnikf7u.jpg

Old KB (Trust GXT 280 Wired Gaming Keyboard) next to a new KB.
While the initial request by missus was new KB and the same one as i have (STRAFE RGB), the latter with same specs (Nordic layout and Cherry MX Silent switches) isn't available in my area anymore. So, MK.2 it is.

gmogrLb.jpg

Old mouse (Gigabyte M6880X) next to a new mouse.
I also went all the way and bought new mouse to her as well. Picked the same one as i have since it's a great mouse for all kinds of tasks.

poGFJv7.jpg

New peripherals up and running.

s4bXHhR.jpg

Reactions: vMax and DMAN999
D

Deleted member 217926

Finally moved to a 144hz adaptive sync monitor about a week ago. Gsync works fine with it. The old Samsung is only 60hz.

q6y6rK5.jpg

Huge difference even before I enabled Gsync. Great screen for the price.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Finally moved to a 144hz adaptive sync monitor about a week ago. Gsync works fine with it. The old Samsung is only 60hz.

q6y6rK5.jpg

Huge difference even before I enabled Gsync. Great screen for the price.
Welcome to the elite comrade.
May all your frames be gloriously displayed without tearing and low latency.

D

Deleted member 217926

Still thinking about upgrading my current 6700k sometime early next year. Not sure with what yet but the 3800X looks good right now.

Got some new toys myself. :)

nQMkFsp.jpg

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
I'd be interested in knowing what improvements you were expecting and what improvements you actually see (and what apps/games you're using).

-Wolf sends

I'll let you know.
I play single player games like AC Odyssey, COD WWII, Wolfenstein, etc., etc. while streaming to 2 1080p TV's with PLEX Media Server with this PC so it should handle that load better than my OC'd 2600 did.
I also do some video encoding of my Movie collection so that should be even faster now as well.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
I'd be interested in knowing what improvements you were expecting and what improvements you actually see (and what apps/games you're using).

-Wolf sends
I just did some video encoding and my 3700x was hitting 4.25 GHZ to 4.275 GHz on all cores.
It even hit 4.3 GHz on all cores for a few seconds.
I'm pretty happy with it.
My encoding time was about half of what it was with my OC'd 2600.