Show off your newest system upgrade components here!

Page 31 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Thanks. The Corsair wasn't supplying the proper power anymore. My computer kept rebooting when gaming and with testing individual parts it ended up being the PSU.

Fair enough - if it needed replacing, it needed replacing.

The G+ isn't "bad", although it has some shortcomings -- it's biggest issue is usually price though. Pretty common to see it priced on par with (or more expensive that) EVGA's own G3, or something like a Focus+ from SeaSonic.

Solidjake

Notable
Sep 6, 2019
Fair enough - if it needed replacing, it needed replacing.

The G+ isn't "bad", although it has some shortcomings -- it's biggest issue is usually price though. Pretty common to see it priced on par with (or more expensive that) EVGA's own G3, or something like a Focus+ from SeaSonic.

Ah ok, appreciate the info barty. I have the G2 850w in my other rig that I gave to my brother and it works perfect for just over two years. Good thing the warranty is 10 years. (y)

My latest "make my PC go faster" mod has been to tape Intel stickers onto my CPU cooler atop my Ryzen CPU because "Intel is better for gaming!"

https://ibb.co/ZNWbG9Z

Yes, those both are stickers from Celeron machines with a fraction of the horsepower of any Ryzen CPU. The top one is from a single core Celeron 450 Dell and the bottom is from a 2 thread Celeron N3060 Acer laptop.

I guess this is the PC equivalent to speed stripes or flames.

Last edited:
Reactions: DMAN999

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Or an M3 badge on a non-M BMW ;)

That was my first thought actually.... but then I considered it even worse.
At least you're sticking with the same brand - just pretending to be something it's not.

In this instance, it's more akin to removing an M3 badge from an M3 - making it out to be a lesser system (in the case of a Celeron)

Remeca

Reputable
Got this for free on Facebook Marketplace. Was looking for a monitor for cheap for awhile for my XP pc. It's no CRT, but can't beat the price.

bnYLk4B.jpg

6i24E2T.jpg

lMmaImh.jpg

D

Deleted member 217926

I don't think many laptops even support 128GB. And wow I bet that was expensive.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
IMG-20191010-203313.jpg

Replaced my "regular" NH-D15 (with Chromax fans and covers already in place) with the all-black LTT edition.... Then put the Chromax covers back on and covered up the entire black shroud.

Moved my old black NF-A15's to the top as exhaust

Yeah... this made no sense.

Reactions: j3ster
IMG-20191010-203313.jpg

Replaced my "regular" NH-D15 (with Chromax fans and covers already in place) with the all-black LTT edition.... Then put the Chromax covers back on and covered up the entire black shroud.

Moved my old black NF-A15's to the top as exhaust

Yeah... this made no sense.

"Honey I have this burning sensation in my pocket..... Its almost as if the money is on fire and I must spend it...."

Thats you.

Reactions: Barty1884