Show off your newest system upgrade components here!

Page 32 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
IMG-20191010-203313.jpg

Replaced my "regular" NH-D15 (with Chromax fans and covers already in place) with the all-black LTT edition.... Then put the Chromax covers back on and covered up the entire black shroud.

Moved my old black NF-A15's to the top as exhaust

Yeah... this made no sense.

could the ram fit in there?

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
Yeah, there's a 2x8GB kit of LPX under there.
The front fan is raised slightly, which sits right against the TG panel.

You can't fit RAM that's any taller than LPX with this cooler (in this case) and get the side panel on.

ohh like the DRP4 too but when i had the DRP4 it never looked that big , probably coz the chasis is kinda small which somehow makes me think its THAT big, but is it actually bigger than the DRP4 or about the same?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
ohh like the DRP4 too but when i had the DRP4 it never looked that big , probably coz the chasis is kinda small which somehow makes me think its THAT big, but is it actually bigger than the DRP4 or about the same?
Same general ballpark as the DRP4, but slightly larger in all dimensions.
Assembled, the NH-D15 is 165x150x161mm - although mine is slightly taller with the Chromax covers and the raised front fan. It still fits in the Meshify C, so it's around 170mm in height.

The DRP4 is 163x136x146mm, and benefits from the 120mm front fan.

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
Same general ballpark as the DRP4, but slightly larger in all dimensions.
Assembled, the NH-D15 is 165x150x161mm - although mine is slightly taller with the Chromax covers and the raised front fan. It still fits in the Meshify C, so it's around 170mm in height.

The DRP4 is 163x136x146mm, and benefits from the 120mm front fan.

so yea the DRP4 is a tad bit smaller, good to know and now finally i can appreciate noctua since i personally avoided them due to how they looked. but yea nice setup :D

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
so yea the DRP4 is a tad bit smaller, good to know and now finally i can appreciate noctua since i personally avoided them due to how they looked. but yea nice setup :D

They've had the option to 'upgrade' them for a few years now, black fans, covers for the heatsink etc.

I upgraded over time, as I already had the cooler.

The problem for most people was, a $90 USD cooler + a couple of ~$27 fans + maybe the covers (another $30) to have it entirely blacked out was completely uncompetitive at ~$175 vs something like a DRP4 @ $90 , EVGA 360mm CLC @ ~$150 or even like a Kraken X72
It's a great cooler, rivaling some very good AIOs in a lot of instances - but price & compatibility were huge downsides.
Now, the full Chromax version is $100. Not so bad.

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
They've had the option to 'upgrade' them for a few years now, black fans, covers for the heatsink etc.

I upgraded over time, as I already had the cooler.

The problem for most people was, a $90 USD cooler + a couple of ~$27 fans + maybe the covers (another $30) to have it entirely blacked out was completely uncompetitive at ~$175 vs something like a DRP4 @ $90 , EVGA 360mm CLC @ ~$150 or even like a Kraken X72
It's a great cooler, rivaling some very good AIOs in a lot of instances - but price & compatibility were huge downsides.
Now, the full Chromax version is $100. Not so bad.

true, i didnt even think about the added cost if you didnt go the chromax route, at around $174-175 its really expensive for an air cooler id personally go with a 360mm AIO at that point tbh. ($30 for a shroud :O )

but yea the Chromax NH-D15 should help noctua get even more customers (not saying that they have a few).

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I have a small cable channel under the MB, but I've got a fan splitter & the front IO through it, so no room for PCIe.

There is the removable plate (for a Rad) on the PSU shroud, but it would leave way too big a gap if I had cables through it.

spartaks2000

Reputable
Mar 21, 2018
Hi all, I'm new to the forum but did a big overhaul on my system in March and went from a AMD 8300 Vishera, 16gb no name Ram, GTX 1060 6gb to....

Ryzen 2700x OC to 4.1 ghz (comfy zone)
Asus Rog Strix x470-f MB
32gb Corsair Vengence 3000 mhz RAM (overkill but if you got slots you gotta fill them LOL)
Asus Rog Strix RTX 2080 OC (Samsung DDR6)
Deepcool AIO WC
BeQuiet Pure Power 11 Gold 700w
3 Corsair Case fans
500 gb Samsung 860 evo
1Tb Seagate Barracuda
AOC 144hz 1ms 1920 x 1080 pixel 27''curved monitor

Runs like a robbers dog and is cool, quiet and stable

This is a great place for info and hope to help and learn as I go along....

Cheers

Schlachtwolf
CQWBcwv.jpg
How did u get so many fan ports? My my moyherboard aorus elite has 4 only

I used 2 splitter cables, 1 fan header controls the fans at the top and back. The other the 2 bottom fans that blow air up to the top meaning the RTX2080 which is OC stays lovely and cool never above 60c while gaming.

The 3 front fans are part of the case setup and not on the MoBo. The side fan is the AIO for CPU.

Cheers

WildCard999

Titan
Replaced my Asus RX 580 4gb with a EVGA GTX 1660 Super. I know its not the biggest update but I wanted something a bit better that also supports PhysX. I'm building a gaming system for my friends kid for Xmas and will be using the RX 580 4gb for his build and I gave it to my friend for a good price so it helps him out and helped a bit with this new card.

v8uq1Vf.jpg

5xOf6fS.jpg

I'm happy with it!

Not my system, my brothers.

Old System:
FX6300 + Cryorig H7
2x4gb Crucial
Gigabyte 970m motherboard
EVGA SSC GTX960 2gb (an upgraded from R7 250x)
EVGA 600B
TT Versa case
Crucial BX200 240gb
1tb Toshiba HDD.

He stripped out the HDD, SSD and CPU cooler. He left the PSU which left out some smoke the other day.
He has a buyer that has been made aware of the issues with the PSU and still is willing pay $250, what a ripoff.

New System:
Ryzen 5 2600
2x8gb 3600mhz Crucial
MSI B450 Micro atx
EVGA GTX 1660 super 6gb SC
CM MasterBox NR400
Recycled Crucial BX200 240gb
Recycled Toshiba 1tb 7200rpm
Corsair CX450M PSU

His EVGA 600B apparently sparked and smoked the other day but somehow still works. He took that as a reminder he could use an upgrade. He also wants a M-ATX system so it may be easier to transport between school and home over breaks.

He originally was going to get a 1660ti, but then literally spent $270 on a GTX 1060 6gb since his old BenQ G-Sync monitor only supports 144hz over DVI, and that 1660ti lacked DVI. I convinced him to cancel the order and get a EVGA 1660 super which costs the same and has DVI.

Parts haven't came yet, but I will add a picture once its all built.

Reactions: DMAN999

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
My son's system - see the description in my sig, or click on the link for the PCPartPicker details.

We have named it: ChromaTron

I never cared much for the whole LED lightshow thing, but I will admit that the case, along with its included case fans, and the Wraith Stealth LED cooler, looks pretty darn cool.