Question Showing black screen during installation of Nvidia drivers?

Sep 29, 2024
When I was installing Nvidia drivers with GeForce experience the screen suddenly turned black.Then I turned off my PC manually and again switched on it. Everything looks fine and the drivers are showing installed.While play ing game it sometimes freezes,that didn't happen previously. Was the installation complete? Do I have to worry? What should I do to stop game's freezing?
Specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 3.8 GHz-5.3GHz 8 core AM5 socket
MSI B650 Gaming (WiFi 6E) DDR5 AMD AM5 socket motherboard
MSI GeForce RTX 4060 ti VENTUS 2X BLACK 8G OC 8GB GDDR6
32GB DDR5 RAM

KingLoki

Great
Jul 10, 2024
Did you just upgrade the drivers to the latest version? If so, any nvidia driver upgrades ate best done as a custom install and click the clean install box, keeping in mind any saved nvidia settings are lost and need to be inputed again. This is the best eay to install though.

Reactions: Khan9987
Sep 29, 2024
Did you just upgrade the drivers to the latest version? If so, any nvidia driver upgrades ate best done as a custom install and click the clean install box, keeping in mind any saved nvidia settings are lost and need to be inputed again. This is the best eay to install though.
I did that but same thing happened a few times eventually at a point it got through. After Progress bar got at a point it said successfully installed.But as many times I got black screen installing I am concerned if it was installed properly.

When I was installing Nvidia drivers with GeForce experience the screen suddenly turned black.Then I turned off my PC manually and again switched on it. Everything looks fine and the drivers are showing installed.While play ing game it sometimes freezes,that didn't happen previously. Was the installation complete? Do I have to worry? What should I do to stop game's freezing?
Specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 3.8 GHz-5.3GHz 8 core AM5 socket
MSI B650 Gaming (WiFi 6E) DDR5 AMD AM5 socket motherboard
MSI GeForce RTX 4060 ti VENTUS 2X BLACK 8G OC 8GB GDDR6
32GB DDR5 RAM
It's normal for screen to go black during driver installation but only for few seconds because previous driver is uninstalled first. If it persists more than couple of minutes, something may not have been initialized and will probably finish after restart.
If in doubt use DDU program to clean up drivers and reinstall them after.

Reactions: Khan9987