Shut down doesn't switch off power

Zelroy

Honorable
May 10, 2013
This is a curious imperfection rather than a problem, but I'd still like a solution.

My Corsair 650HX PSU recently died on me and I replaced it with a Corsair 750HX (while waiting for a replacement/repairs). At the same time, I changed the case to the Fractal Design Define R4. My mobo is unchanged, Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.

After the changes, I noticed that the Shut down command won't switch off the computer completely. Windows goes down and so does the display, but the coolers and power led stay on.

Restart works slightly different, too; unlike Shut down, it does shut down the power completely before switching it back on. Before the change, the power stayed on during the Restart process.

Like I said, not a problem, really, but curious. What's going on?

spawnkiller

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
For the computer shutdown, i had the same issue with an Overclocked Q6600, passing the 3400mhz mark = no shutdown until i press 5 sec on the power switch but the same config was able to run 4.05ghz totally stable... I've never had any solution to keep the same OC so i simply gived up and switch it off manually...

For the restart, i have no clue, maybe another OC problem... if your oc anyway as if you're not, both ideas aren't really helping you...