Shutdown procedure

When I click the "turn off computer" icon, it takes a couple minutes then
comes up with a window saying "it's now safe to turnoff your computer".

Is there a way to skip this last step and have it shutdown when you click
"turn off computer"?

Hi,

Control Panel/Power options, you may need to enable APM. It is not enabled
by default during an installation.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Big Al" <Big Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click the "turn off computer" icon, it takes a couple minutes then
> comes up with a window saying "it's now safe to turnoff your computer".
>
> Is there a way to skip this last step and have it shutdown when you click
> "turn off computer"?

thanks Rick, i'll give it a shot..al