Question SignalRGB Made my CPU run hot.

Jul 29, 2024
Bought this PC from a physical shop here's the specifications.

CPU: Intel Core i9 14900KF
CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad II AIO 360mm
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B760-A
Memory: 2x 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 (Running without XMP)
Storage: 2x 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
GPU: Gigabyte AERO 4080 SUPER OC
Case: Lian Li Evo XL

Everything ran fine until I downloaded this program even after uninstalling it.
CPU used to run 35-40c at idle now it runs at 50-55c and hits max temps above 90 after 5 minutes of playing a game. I know the 14th gen i9 isn't the best with gaming performance but the shop recommended me since they kept getting AMD CPU problems.
Most games ran good (still hot) before this program now they don't run smoothly and stutter had the same problems before but a lot less before I upgraded to BIOS version 1661 (microcode 0.125x update).

Went to the SignalRGB Discord and they told me the program may have adjusted my fan curves so I checked and adjusted them again but now my CPU still runs hot
even tried setting the fans on 100% but the CPU still would get hot. Touching the AIO felt hot to the touch everywhere on both sides of the cables maybe thought it could be the radiator pump but I'm not sure if I can hear it. I don't know if the CPU is RMA legendary 14th gen CPU problem but maybe someone knows a solution.

Bought this PC from a physical shop here's the specifications.

CPU: Intel Core i9 14900KF
CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad II AIO 360mm
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B760-A
Memory: 2x 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 (Running without XMP)
Storage: 2x 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
GPU: Gigabyte AERO 4080 SUPER OC
Case: Lian Li Evo XL

Everything ran fine until I downloaded this program even after uninstalling it.
CPU used to run 35-40c at idle now it runs at 50-55c and hits max temps above 90 after 5 minutes of playing a game. I know the 14th gen i9 isn't the best with gaming performance but the shop recommended me since they kept getting AMD CPU problems.
Most games ran good (still hot) before this program now they don't run smoothly and stutter had the same problems before but a lot less before I upgraded to BIOS version 1661 (microcode 0.125x update).

Went to the SignalRGB Discord and they told me the program may have adjusted my fan curves so I checked and adjusted them again but now my CPU still runs hot
even tried setting the fans on 100% but the CPU still would get hot. Touching the AIO felt hot to the touch everywhere on both sides of the cables maybe thought it could be the radiator pump but I'm not sure if I can hear it. I don't know if the CPU is RMA legendary 14th gen CPU problem but maybe someone knows a solution.
Hey there,

The first thing I'd do, is reset your bios.

I know the 14th gen i9 isn't the best with gaming performance but the shop recommended me since they kept getting AMD CPU problems.
This is kinda ironic. Your CPU is one of the best gamers out there, so the 'shop' don't know what they are talking about. With that said, your particular CPU is under great scrutiny at the moment, as there seems to be some instability along with CPU degradation. It's possible it's that.

Are all system drivers up to date? Your bios too?

Jul 29, 2024
Hey there,

The first thing I'd do, is reset your bios.

This is kinda ironic. Your CPU is one of the best gamers out there, so the 'shop' don't know what they are talking about. With that said, your particular CPU is under great scrutiny at the moment, as there seems to be some instability along with CPU degradation. It's possible it's that.

Are all system drivers up to date? Your bios too?
You mean default every setting? Yes everything is up to date as far as I know kinda new to the pc stuff since its my first actual gaming pc.